Admissions Requirements - Health & Human Performance
- Free Online Application - includes a statement of purpose of 200-300 words explaining your motivation for pursuing the MS in Health & Human Performance at Canisius College. The statement may be submitted in the essay section.
- Official Bachelor's Degree Transcript. Unofficial or in progress transcripts are acceptable to begin the admissions review process.
- Two letters of recommendation. Letters can be personal, professional or academic references.
- Provide evidence of sufficient college-level coursework in the areas of anatomy and physiology, kinesiology, nutrition, and exercise physiology. Students who do not meet prerequisites may be required to complete additional undergraduate coursework.
- Complete a phone or face-to-face interview with the program director, or department representative
- Minimum Undergraduate GPA of 2.7
- Current Resume
Additional Requirements for International Students
- Canadian and other international applicants must provide a completed Certification of Finances Form.
- International students who have completed university coursework outside the U.S. and Canada are required to have their transcripts and degrees evaluated by a foreign credential evaluation service such as World Education Services (WES)
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score, IELTS (International English Language Testing System) score, or a CAEL (Canadian Academic English Language) score.
TOEFL: 79 IBT or 550 PBT
IELTS: 6.5 overall
CAEL: 70 overall
- Students from Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa are waived from the language proficiency requirement.
- Student who completed a 4 year degree (on campus) at a U.S. college/university are waived from the language proficiency requirement.
Applying to the program
- Applications are processed on a rolling basis and are considered as they are received for each of our terms. We recommend submitting all material required for admission at least 30 days prior to the start of the term you wish to begin. Earlier application will ensure the best scheduling options, as some course sections may become unavailable.
All items can be mailed, faxed or emailed to:
Graduate Admissions Office - Lyons Hall 120
2001 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14208
Fax - 716-888-3290
Email - email@example.com
Questions? Contact Us at 1-800-950-2505 or 1-716-888-2545
If you have been an inactive student for two years or more, please complete a Re-admit Form.