Online TESOL and Bilingual Programs
Graduate: Master's Available online
The demand for Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages and Bilingual Teacher is increasing throughout the country and abroad, opening a world of career opportunities. This trend is projected to grow steadily. If you already have a degree in an undergraduate program, consider a TESOL Master’s to strengthen your skills as a teacher.
The TESOL and Bilingual programs are fully online and designed to prepare you for New York State certification for teaching in these areas in grades kindergarten through 12. The program provides flexibility in scheduling, eliminating time and travel barriers you may encounter as a working professional.
You have a number of options in the program including certification and non-certification tracks. Courses are taught by faculty with extensive experience working as TESOL and Bilingual teachers. The advanced certificate program and bilingual extension can be completed in as little as one year. Your field practicum can be completed anywhere in the United States or internationally.
- TESOL Masters Program (30 credit hours)
- TESOL Advanced Certification Program (18 credit hours)
- NYSED Certification and Non-Certification Programs available for both TESOL MS and Advanced Cert Programs
- TESOL Childhood (BS-Undegradaute Program)
- Bilingual Advanced Certification Program (15 credit hours)
- ITI Advanced Certification Programs: TESOL Special Education, Bilingual Special Education, Bilingual Education
Intensive Teacher Institute in Bilingual Special Education (ITI-BSE)
The New York State Education Department P-12 Office of Special Education created the ITI-BSE in 1994 to address the shortage of certified bilingual and English as a second language (ESOL) special education teachers, bilingual teachers of students with speech and language disabilities, and bilingual pupil personnel professionals. This state-funded program provides tuition assistance for fifteen credits of specialized coursework and facilitates the certification process for these professionals who are currently working in New York public schools or approved preschools. The ITI-BSE Program, which is housed at Eastern Suffolk BOCES, collaborates with school districts, preschools and institutions of higher education (IHEs) throughout the state. Program eligibility and coursework requirements and an application form for the ITI-BSE Program, along with a list of collaborating IHEs across New York State, can be found below.
- The School of Education and Human Services is nationally accredited by CAEP.
- Small class sections are taught online by Canisius professors.
- Courses are taught by faculty with extensive teaching experience working as TESOL and Bilingual teachers.
- Our degree programs meet requirements for NYS professional certification in TESOL and Bilingual education.