Faculty Research & Publications
Dr. Greg Reeds – Associate Professor
- Ignatian Scholarship Day: Self-Esteem Profiles of Special Olympic Participants Reeds, G with Cavanaugh, L and Mary Morgan Cavanaugh, L., Reeds G., Griffin K., McGhee, M., & Kuberka D. (2015)
- Special Olympics: From volunteering for a day to starting your own training club. PALAESTRA (aceptance rate - 90%; impact factor coming in 2017)
- Participated in an Association of Applied Sport Psychology (AASP) webinar Neuro- Psychology of Athletic Performance: Critical Moments
- Working on Continuing Education units with the American Board of Sport Psychology Evidence Based Applied Sport Psychology Attended the National Soccer Coaches Association Convention Philadelphia, PA January 2015
- Community Service Coached Amherst Premier Travel Boys U17 to A State Cup victory
- Placed first and undefeated in the Robbie International Tournament in Toronto Ontario June 2015
- Won the Columbus Crew Cup and College Showcase (2 wins 1 tie)
- Won the Buffalo and Western New York Soccer League Title with a 9-0-1 record
- Guest Lecturer/Adjunct Professor NCCC Motor Behavior Served on the GCC PE Advisory Board Served on the Christian Central Academy Athletic Advisory Board Served as Consultant to the Lancaster Depew Soccer Club
Dr. Clancy M. Seymour – Assistant Professor/Director of Physical and Health Education Teacher Education
- Finn, K., Seymour, C. M., & Philips, A. (2019). Weight bias and grading among middle and high school teachers. British Journal of Educational Psychology. https://doi.org/10.1111/bjep.12322.
- Seymour, C M., Burns, B., & Henry, J. (2018). Cooperating Teachers: Stakeholders in the edTPA? Issues in Teacher Education, 27(1), 41-56.
- Seymour, C. M., Donnelly, J. P., & Lindauer, J. R. (2018). A clinically rich model in physical education teacher education. The Physical Educator, 75(3), 438–453. https://doi.org/10.18666/TPE-2018-V75-I3-7707.
- Seymour, C. M., & Finn, K. (2019). Bias in Physical Educators’ Grading Practices with ELA Literacy. The Physical Educator, 76(2), 427-439. https://doi:10.18666/TPE-2019-V76-I2-8541
- Seymour, C. M., Illg, K., Donnelly, J., Kozlowski, K., Lopata, C., & Thomeer, M. (2019). Effects of Common Core State Standards on student physical activity rates and student and teacher perceptions in physical education. The Physical Educator. 76(5), 1266-1286. https://doi.org/10.18666/TPE-2019-V76-I5-9116
- Seymour, C. M., & Garrison, M. J. (2015). Is the physical being taken out of physical education? On the possible effects of high-stakes testing on an embattled profession’s curriculum goals. Quest, 67(4), 400-408. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/00336297.2015.1085422.
- Seymour, C. M., & Garrison, M.J. (2017). Value added models and the implementation of the National Standards of K-12 Physical Education. The Journal of Inquiry and Action in Education, 8(2), 90-102.
- Seymour, C. M., & Garrison, M. J. (2016). What they think about how they are evaluated: Perspectives of New York State physical educators on teacher evaluation policy. International Journal of Education Policy and Leadership, 11(6). http://journals.sfu.ca/ijepl/index.php/ijepl/article/view/727/158.
- Seymour, C. M., & Reeds, G. K. (2018). Teaching Methods for Coaches — Coaching Methods for Teachers. Strategies 31(6), 10-15. https://doi.org/10.1080/08924562.2018.1515679.