Admissions Requirements - Online Physical Education
- Free Online Application - The application includes a 300 word essay.
- Official Bachelor's Degree Transcript. Unofficial or in progress transcripts are acceptable to begin the admissions review process. Applicants for the Fall 2016 semester and beyond will be expected to have a 3.0 undergraduate GPA. Applicants with less than a 3.0 undergraduate GPA will undergo additional review.
- Two Letters of Recommendation. Letters can be personal, professional or academic references.
New York State Professional Certification Students, you will also need:
- Test Scores. All applicants will be required to submit Graduate Records Examination (GRE), Millers Analogies Test (MAT), OR Academic Literacy Skills Test (ALST), test scores.
- Evidence of NYS teaching certification
Program Start Dates: New graduate students are admitted three times a year: Spring (January), Summer (May-June) and Fall (late August).
Note: Out-of-state students are more than welcome to use this program to assist in meeting your state certification and educational goals, but this program will not grant you New York State certification.
- There are no deadlines for applying. We operate on a rolling admissions basis.
- We recommend submitting all application materials 30 days prior to the start date for the term you wish to begin.
- Earlier application is encouraged for international students, including Canadians, in order to complete VISA requirements necessary prior to enrollment.
Additional Requirements for International Students
- Canadian and other international applicants must provide a completed Certification of Finances Form.
- International students who have completed university coursework outside the U.S. and Canada are required to have their transcripts and degrees evaluated by a foreign credential evaluation service such as World Education Services (WES)
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score, IELTS (International English Language Testing System) score, or a CAEL (Canadian Academic English Language) score.
TOEFL: 79 IBT or 550 PBT
IELTS: 6.5 overall
CAEL: 70 overall
- Students from Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa are waived from the language proficiency requirement.
- Student who completed a 4 year degree (on campus) at a U.S. college/university are waived from the language proficiency requirement.
All items can be mailed, faxed or emailed to:
Graduate Admissions Office - Lyons Hall 120
2001 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14208
Fax - 716-888-3290
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Contact Us at 1-800-950-2505 or 1-716-888-2545
If you have been an inactive student for two years or more, please complete a Re-admit Form.