- The Eric Stenclik Scholarship for Spanish Studies. Amount varies from $1,000-$2,000 per year. Students must be Spanish majors in 300 level or above with good standing. Applications: yearly. Contact DMLLC Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hispanic Women’s League Scholarship: for women of Hispanic/Latin American origin
- Sigma Delta Pi Spanish Honors Society Scholarships
- Boren Scholarships for Critical Languages
- The Kosciuszko Foundation Tomaszkiewicz-Florio Summer Scholarship: (for those with Polish ancestry to study in Poland)
- embraceWesternNewYork: Scholarship for LGBTQIA+
Sigma Delta Pi/Scholarships for Study Abroad
The Department of Modern Languages, Literature, and Cultures performs an induction of new members of Sigma Delta Pi, chapter Chi Tau every academic year. Eligible undergraduate and graduate students who are active members of Sigma Delta Pi may apply for grants and scholarships for use during summer and the academic year to study abroad in Spain or Spanish America. National Collegiate Hispanic Honor Society (Sigma Delta Pi) honors "those who attain excellence in the study of the Spanish language and in the study of the literature and culture of the Spanish-speaking peoples". Inductees must meet the following requirements: completed three years of study of college-level Spanish (eighteen semester credit hours) or the equivalent thereof, including at least three semester hours of a course in Hispanic literature or Hispanic culture and civilization at the junior (third-year) level; a minimal grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 point scale in all Spanish courses taken; rank in the upper 35% of his/her class–sophomore, junior, or senior–and must have completed at least three semesters or five quarters of college work.