BS/BA Business Degree Program Learning Goals
Learning Goals and Learning Objectives for BS/BA Business Degree-Program
The Business Core Curriculum strives to develop a foundation of skills and knowledge that are the hallmarks of a high quality business management education. These learning goals apply to all undergraduate programs in the Richard J. Wehle School of Business. Individual programs or majors have additional learning goals that are discipline specific.
Student Learning Goal 1
BSBA graduates will have a fundamental knowledge and understand the value chain for goods and services.
- Objective A: Understand the creation of value through business processes integrating production and distribution of goods and services.
- Objective B: Students will be able to apply the concept of the marketing mix for goods and services when describing an organization's marketing strategy.
Student Learning Goal 2
BSBA graduates will have fundamental analytical and quantitative skills.
- Objective A: Demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Objective B: Have sufficient mastery of statistical applications to conduct and interpret statistical analyses.
- Objective C:Have sufficient mastery of management science applications to conduct and interpret analyses.
- Objective D: Perform and interpret standard accounting and financial computations and analysis.
Student Learning Goal 3
BSBA graduates will have a fundamental knowledge of global human behaviors and market structures.
- Objective A: Demonstrate awareness of how cultural differences and human diversity impact business decisions.
- Objective B: Demonstrate an understanding of market structure, macroeconomic, and international environments within which businesses operate, including the roles of financial institutions, the central bank, and the government.
Student Learning Goal 4
BSBA graduates will know ethical frameworks in managerial decision-making and leadership.
- Objective A: Demonstrate knowledge of different approaches to ethical decision-making, and how they apply to different business situations in a socially responsible manner.
- Objective B: Demonstrate an understanding of fundamental issues such as conflicts that may arise among the stakeholders of a firm, management's fiduciary responsibility and issues of corporate governance.
- Objective C: Describe issues pertaining to social responsibility and sustainability.
- Objective D: Identify situations when ethical leadership is required.
Student Learning Goal 5
BSBA graduates will know and understand appropriate uses of Information Systems.
- Objective A: Understand the use of information technology as a tool for communication, management, and business problem solving;
- Objective B: Use applications software to effectively locate, extract, generate and organize the needed information to assist in management decision-making.
- Objective C: Effectively research, locate, extract, structure and organize the information needed to assist in decision-making.
Student Learning Goal 6
BSBA graduates will know basic frameworks of leading individuals in organizations.
- Objective A: Demonstrate awareness of conventional and innovative applications to leadership and motivation.
- Objective B: Identify effective methods of teamwork and communication.
approved April 27, 2015