Be the Light Youth Theology Institute
A week-long experience of faith, justice and service for high school rising (2018-2019) sophmores, juniors, and seniors, in residence at Canisius College.
Jesus calls each of us to be “the light of the world.” (Matthew 5:14) But what exactly does He mean by that?
St. Ignatius of Loyola often said to his missionaries, “Go forth, and set the world on fire.” But how exactly can we do this today?
Recent growth in Buffalo has caused this “City of Light” to start shining brighter and brighter. But where in our city does this light need to shine even more?
We invite rising high school sophmores, juniors, and seniors to explore these questions, and more, with us by applying to be a part of the Be the Light Youth Theology Institute at Canisius College.
During this week-long residential experience, our participants will …
- receive academic instruction on topics in Catholic theology and philosophy and Jesuit spirituality by clergy and college professors
- engage in service- immersion experiences at Buffalo-area organizations
- have opportunities for individual, communal, and sacramental reflection and prayer on these things alongside Canisius undergraduate student leaders
Join us to shine a light on dark corners, through a combination of intensive instruction, immersive service and inspiration. Spend one transformative week and set the stage for a lifetime of leadership.
APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2018 INSTITUE WILL OPEN IN LATE SPRING.
For more information, check out the pages below:
- Program Details & Schedule
- Mission Statement
- Meet the Institute Staff
- Community Involvement
- Press & Testimonials
- Ignatian Family Teach-In for Justice
For any questions, please e-mail us at BetheLightInstitute@canisius.edu or call Sarah Signorino at 716-888-2424.
The Institute is funded through a generous grant from the Lilly Endowment, Inc.