Program Details & Schedule
Where will we be staying?
Participants will be housed in private rooms in Dugan Hall on the Canisius College campus. Linens will be provided. Canisius undergraduate student leaders and graduate assistants will be accompanying the Institute participants throughout their experience. All Institute participants are asked to remain with the group for the full duration of the program.
- A packing list will be provided upon acceptance to the Institute.
- The check-in window will be during the afternoon of July 23.
- The check-out window on July 28 will be in the evening following our closing dinner.
What about meals?
All meals are included in the cost of the institute. Some snacks will be provided. If you have any allergies, please inform us on your application and we will accommodate you.
How will we get around?
Transportation will be provided during the institute to off-campus service-immersion sites.
The cost of $50.00 includes all instruction, food, housing, and transportation throughout the week. Some scholarships are available.
Monday, July 23:
- Check-in during the afternoon
- Orientation and opening speakers
Tuesday, July 24: "Ever Ancient, Ever New"
Wednesday, July 25: "The Fundamentals of Flourishing"
Thursday, July 26: "For the Least of my Brothers and Sisters"
Friday, July 27: "Walking Humbly With God - and One Another"
Saturday, July 28: "That All May Have Life"
- Family BBQ
- Check-out during the evening
Our daily schedule during the Institute will consist of the following:
- Morning prayer
- Service-immersion experience in the Buffalo community
- Afternoon instruction on Catholic theology & philosophy and Jesuit spirituality
- Ignatian reflection
- Evening programming
Feel free to check out more information on the following pages:
- Be the Light Youth Theology Institute - General Overview
- Mission Statement
- Meet the Institute Staff
- Community Involvement
- Press & Testimonials