Canadian Teacher Certification
Earn your teaching degree from Canisius
The Canisius Graduate School of Education and Human Services offers graduate level education programs that have prepared Canadians for teacher certification in Ontario for 20 years.
New York State Certification to Ontario Teacher Certification process:
- Take an initial teacher certification program at Canisius College
- Complete all NYS requirements needed for initial certification
- Once certified in NYS, you can apply to become a Internationally Educated Teacher
- Once you have completed the requirements for Ontario Teacher Certification, you will be dual certified in New York AND Ontario
Canisius offers three programs leading to initial teaching certification at the bachelor's level:
Childhood Education: grades 1 - 6 (Primary - Junior)
Adolescence Education: grades 7 - 12 (Intermediate - Senior)
Physical Education/Health: grades K - 12 (Intermediate - Senior)
Canisius offers three programs leading to initial teaching certification at the master's level:
Childhood Education: grades 1 – 6 (Primary – Junior)
Adolescence Education: grades 7 – 12 (Intermediate – Senior)
Physical Education: grades K – 12 (Intermediate – Senior)
For more information (I-20, OSAP, additional requirements, etc.) on the Graduate Admissions process with Canadian students, click here
- How long is the Teacher Education program at Canisius?
- When and how can I apply to the program?
- What is the curriculum design of the program?
- What is the field experience requirement of the program?
- What is the cost of tuition?
- Besides the general admissions requirements, what else is needed as a Canadian student?