Canisius Fall 2021 Campus Plans
Canisius College is thrilled to welcome members of our campus community back to a more “normal” experience with the start of the fall 2021 semester! The proven effectiveness of vaccines and the general health and the safety protocols we have been employing, have brought us to this point. Beginning with the return of students for the fall 2021 semester, members of the community can look forward to a number of regular operations:
- Face masks/coverings are no longer mandated on campus for vaccinated individuals (some restrictions will apply).
- Regular capacity and hours of operation in classrooms, labs, gyms and other campus facilities resumes.
- Dining services and gathering spaces return to normal operation.
- Unlike the spring 2021 semester, Covid-19 testing will only be required of unvaccinated individuals with known exposure or for anyone, regardless of vaccination status, who exhibits Covid-19 symptoms.
However, the Covid-19 situation continues to evolve and we will adapt our policies accordingly. Canisius will continue to monitor FDA action on the Covid-19 vaccines and consider advisories from public health authorities, including CDC guidance, in making any future decisions regarding a vaccine mandate.
Canisius College Fall 2021 Plans and Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
- Canisius College continues to strongly recommend that all students be vaccinated against Covid-19 as the most effective way of controlling an outbreak of Covid-19 on our campus.
- For the fall 2021 semester, Canisius will NOT require students to be vaccinated as a condition of returning to in-person learning in the classroom or residing in the residence halls. Some exceptions apply.
- The college WILL require, however, that students residing in the college residence halls provide either proof of vaccination or the results of a negative PCR Covid-19 test (rapid antigen tests or over the counter self-tests will not be accepted) taken not more than 72 hours before the student’s arrival on campus. Students who have registered for fall 2021 should submit their proof of vaccination or test results to MyCanisiusHealth (login required).
- The MAAC will require vaccination for student athletes with limited exemptions.
- There are certain “close contact” programs or programs that contain a heightened degree of risk that will require Covid-19 vaccination as a precondition to participation.
- Face coverings and social distancing will be required of unvaccinated students, faculty, staff and visitors to campus.
Please read the following update from the Office of the President and view the FAQs for more details about the college’s plans and policies.