Canisius Undergraduate Intersession Classes
Tackle a core class. Explore a new interest. Whatever you choose will push you ahead in your schedule and could boost your GPA.
January 4, 2021 – February 4, 2021
Registration for the intersession begins on November 2, 2020.
The Canisius Intersession is open to:
- Current Canisius College Undergraduate students who wish to complete required courses, acquire additional credits toward a degree, or address previous deficiencies. You may be eligible for Student Success and Financial Aid assistance. Please see details below.
- Deposited Spring 2021 transfer students.
- Undergraduate students enrolled at another institution who wish to complete required courses and/or acquire additional credits toward a degree.
- Undergraduate adult learners who may want to explore opportunities in higher education. Note: Registration for the intersession does not in and of itself constitute admission to the college or to any degree program.
See the undergraduate courses offered during the intersession below:
|CRN||Subject Code||Catalog Number||Course Title||Meeting Pattern||INstructor||Attributes|
|21544||CLS||207||Mythology & Literature||Does Not Meet||Nathaniel Durant||Online (asyncronous meeting)|
|21545||CLS||220||Roots of Medical Terminology||Does Not Meet||Kathryn Williams||Online (asyncronous meeting)|
|21553||COM||203||Writing for the Public Media||Does Not Meet||Edward Taylor||Online (asyncronous meeting)|
|21554||COM||414||Issues in Integrated Marketing Communication||Does Not Meet||Sara Catherine Foster||Online (asyncronous meeting)|
|21542||ENG||111||Academic Writing||Does Not Meet||Angela Fulk||Online (asyncronous meeting)|
|21543||ENG||112||Writing about Literature||Does Not Meet||Edward Taylor||Online (asyncronous meeting)|
|21539||FAH||101||Caves/Colosseum/Cathedrals||Does Not Meet||Yvonne Widenor||Online (asyncronous meeting)|
|21540||FAM||123||World Musics||Does Not Meet||Tiffany Nicely||Online (asyncronous meeting)|
|21534||HON||451||Thesis||Does Not Meet||Experiential (off campus)|
|21549||KIN||494||Capstone in Kinesiology||Does Not Meet||Timothy Seil||Online (asyncronous meeting)|
|21546||MAT||105||Finite Mathematics||Does Not Meet||Mi-Ae Kim||Online (asyncronous meeting)|
|21547||MAT||106||Calculus for the Non-Sciences||Does Not Meet||Samuel Akinbami||Online (asyncronous meeting)|
|21548||MAT||131||Statistics for Social Sciences||Does Not Meet||Emily Schultz||Online (asyncronous meeting)|
|21538||PHI||241||Ethics||Does Not Meet||Sean Johnston||Online (asyncronous meeting)|
|21555||PSY||201||Basic Stats for Behavorial Science||Does Not Meet||Charles Goodsell||Online (asyncronous meeting)|
|21541||RST||101||Intro to Religious Studies||Does Not Meet||Jonathan Lawrence||Online (asyncronous meeting)|
For course descriptions and prerequisites visit our online catalog.
Intersession Undergraduate Tuition & Fees
The Student Success Assistance Program is an opportunity for current Canisius College undergraduate students to get back on track academically by taking intersession courses at Canisius College at a discounted rate. For more information including eligibility requirements, please contact the Griff Center at (716) 888-2170 or visit them in Old Main 013.
Students From Other Institutions
Undergraduate students currently enrolled at another college/university are required to submit the following documents:
• A completed application for registration (download the application here);
• An unofficial transcript from your home school for verification of possible course prerequisites; and
• A copy of your state-issued driver's license with your picture
Note: Undergraduate students currently enrolled at another college or university should complete the proper paperwork at their home school to receive permission to complete an intersession course at Canisius College.
If you have questions or need further information, please contact one of our offices below. We look forward to hearing from you!
Student Records & Financial Services Center
Griff Center (For Undergraduate Admissions Questions)