Learning Goals & Objectives
Student Learning Goal 1
Entrepreneurship Majors will apply a working knowledge of the principles of entrepreneurship to analysis and problem solving.
- Objective A: Identify and apply the elements of entrepreneurship and to entrepreneurial processes;
- Objective B: Recognize the importance of entrepreneurship and identify the profile of entrepreneurs and their role in economic growth;
- Objective C: Use the entrepreneurial mind-set and behave responsibly and ethically in their roles as entrepreneurs.
Student Learning Goal 2
Entrepreneurship Majors will be able to create and start new ventures.
- Objective A: Creatively analyze the business environment, opportunity recognition, and the business idea-generation process;
- Objective B: Know how to acquire necessary resources and organizational matters of new venture creation process;
- Objective C: Write a business plan that creates and starts a new venture.
Student Learning Goal 3
Entrepreneurship Majors will know how to manage and grow new ventures.
- Objective A: Apply a strategy for growth and manage the implications of growth;
- Objective B: Use capital budgeting that includes cost of capital, leverage and dividend policy in a financial management context;
- Objective C: Know how to acquire resources for growth from external sources.