Blue & Gold Athletics Fund
When you contribute to the Blue & Gold Fund, you are helping develop the next generation of Golden Griffin champions. One hundred percent of your gift enhances the student experience. Give Canisius athletes the competitive edge and make your gift today!
Last year, more than 1,100 donors contributed to the Blue & Gold Fund, providing essential funding that impacted our programs in the areas of scholarships, coaching excellence, recruiting and team travel, helping our 388 student-athletes excel in the classroom and on the field of competition.
Because of donors' support, we celebrated several student-athletes and program highlights during the 2017-18 year, including:
- The athletic department capturing the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Pepsi Men’s Commissioner’s Cup, awarded annually as a symbol of overall excellence in athletics in the 25 championship athletic events conducted within the MAAC.
- Baseball and men’s lacrosse both captured the conference's automatic berth into the NCAA Tournament by winning their respective postseason tournaments for the third time in the last decade.
- Men’s Basketball and women’s lacrosse claimed MAAC regular season crowns. For basketball, it was the program’s first regular season title since the 1993-94 campaign while lacrosse picked up their fifth regular-season championship in the last six seasons.
- Canisius won the Battle of the Bridge all-sports competition against Niagara University for the eighth straight season.
- A total of 10 student-athletes from seven different sports earned conference player of the year honors.
- Two student-athletes, Tyler Smith (MLB) and Connor Kearnan (NLL) were selected in their respective professional drafts.
- A total of 19 varsity programs boasting a grade point average of 3.0 or better for the 2018 spring semester. Fifteen teams recorded a team GPA of 3.25 or higher, and the school's 342 student-athletes combined to post a department grade point average of 3.26 in the spring session.
- Additionally, 243 student-athletes hold a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or better, which breaks down to 71 percent of the College's student-athlete population.
Thank you in advance for supporting the Blue & Gold Fund and our students!