Blue & Gold Athletics Fund
When you contribute to the Blue & Gold Fund, you are helping develop the next generation of Golden Griffin champions. One hundred percent of your gift enhances the student experience. Give Canisius athletes the competitive edge and make your gift today!
Last year, more than 1,100 donors contributed to the Blue & Gold Fund, providing essential funding that impacted our programs in the areas of scholarships, coaching excellence, recruiting and team travel, helping our 388 student-athletes excel in the classroom and on the field of competition.
Because of donors' support, we celebrated several student-athletes and program highlights during the 2018-19 year, including:
- Canisius won the Battle of the Bridge all-sports competition against Niagara University for the ninth-straight year.
- The Canisius volleyball team advanced to the 2018 MAAC Championship match for the first time in program history. Additionally, former Griff Sophia Lopez Acosta was honored as the 2018 MAAC Libero of the Year.
- Former cross country runner Siobhan Quinn became the first female Canisius runner to earn NCAA All-Region honors after she placed 19th at the 2018 NCAA Northeast Regional race.
- The baseball team won a share of the 2019 MAAC Baseball Regular-season Championship. The Griffs were the No. 1 seed in the league’s baseball championship tournament, an event the Blue and Gold has qualified for a MAAC-record 13 consecutive seasons.
- The women’s lacrosse team qualified for the 2019 MAAC Women’s Lacrosse Championship, marking the 12th straight year the program has made the postseason.
- Men’s lacrosse freshman Jacob Buck was honored as the 2019 MAAC Men’s Lacrosse Rookie of the Year, the 73rd Canisius student-athlete to win a player of rookie of the year award since 2005.
- A total of 18 varsity programs boasting a grade point average of 3.0 or better for the 2019 spring semester. Fifteen teams recorded a team GPA of 3.25 or higher, and the school's 350-plus student-athletes combined to post a department grade point average of 3.28 in the spring session.
- Additionally, 223 student-athletes hold a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or better.
Thank you in advance for supporting the Blue & Gold Fund and our students!