One Year MBA Learning Goals
Learning Goals & Objectives
Student Learning Goal 1
MBA graduates will understand global operations management and marketing concepts.
- Objective A: Explain how value is created and managed throughout the product lifecycle, using marketing strategy and supply chain management in a dynamic environment;
- Objective B: Demonstrate a capacity to apply business knowledge in new and unfamiliar circumstances through a conceptual understanding of relevant disciplines.
Student Learning Goal 2
MBA graduates will apply quantitative methods in accounting, finance and statistics.
- Objective A: Apply and interpret quantitative methods and statistical analyses;
- Objective B: Perform and interpret standard accounting and financial computations, including cash flow and time-value-of-money calculations, cost-benefit analysis, and capital budgeting to evaluate the merits of a proposed investment;
- Objective C: Develop and reinforce critical thinking and argumentation skills with emphasis on problem identification from various viewpoints, causal diagnosis, and solution development.
Student Learning Goal 3
MBA graduates will have a fundamental knowledge of human behavior and market structures in a global context.
- Objective A: Demonstrate an understanding of how cultural differences and human diversity impact business decisions;
- Objective B: Demonstrate an understanding of market structure, macroeconomic, and international environments within which businesses operate, including the roles of financial institutions, the central bank, and central governments.
Student Learning Goal 4
MBA graduates will understand ethical frame works in managerial decision-making and leadership.
- Objective A: Demonstrate knowledge of multiple frameworks for ethical decision-making, and how they apply to different business situations in a socially responsible manner;
- Objective B: Demonstrate knowledge of corporate governance issues and the responsibilities of business in society and the fiduciary responsibilities of managers, including ethical reporting;
- Objective C: Describe issues pertaining to social responsibility;
- Objective D: Identify situations when ethical leadership is required.
Student Learning Goal 5
MBA graduates will understand how Information Technology supports business strategy and operations.
- Objective A: Have the information literacy skills necessary to effectively research, locate, extract, structure, and organize the information needed to assist in management planning, decision making and execution;
- Objective B: Demonstrate proficiency with data management software.
Student Learning Goal 6
MBA graduates will understand and effectively apply elements of leadership to individuals and group dynamics.
- Objective A: Demonstrate awareness of conventional and innovative approaches to leadership and motivation;
- Objective B: Gain experience in teamwork and communication through involvement in experiential exercises including group presentation of case studies.