Parent and Family Orientation
Welcome to our Fall 2021 Parent and Family Virtual Orientation! We have made an incredibly challenging decision to keep the Parent and Family Orientation program entirely virtual this year while we continue to transition back to a face-to-face, student-centered orientation program.
Parent and Family- Live Webinars
In lieu of an on-campus Parent and Family Orientation program, New Griff Orientation will host a series of live zoom webinars for parents/caregivers to participate in August. The webinar series will include topics such as academics, the residential experience, student wellness and safety, and student engagement. Parents/caregivers can participate in any or all of the webinars and for those unable to attend, a recording of the webinar will be made available on this page.
For parents and families that will be in the area, families will be invited to participate in the Student Services Fair (8:30 am-11:00 am) to meet with various offices and the New Griff Orientation Welcome and Blessing (1:30 pm) on August 26.
If you have any additional questions regarding our Parent & Family Orientation program feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parent and Family- Live Webinar Registration
The New Griff Orientation staff will like to invite you to register for the Parent and Family-Live Webinar series. Below you will find information on how to register. Please note that each webinar requires a separate registration.
Academic Services & Programs
Date: Tuesday, August 10
Time: 12-1pm EST.
- Dr. Mark Harrington, Assistant Vice President for Student Development & Academic Success (Host)
- Dr. Sara Morris, Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Dr. Jennifer Desiderio, Co-Director, First-Year Experience Program & Associate Professor, English
- Ms. Eileen Abbatoy, Senior Associate Director, Career Development
- Mr. James McCarthy, Director of Internships & Career Development for the Wehle School of Business
- Ms. Lindy Feider, Assistant Director Academic Achievement & Student-Athlete Support
The Residential Experience, Dining Services & Parking On-Campus
Date: Thursday, August 12
- Mr. Mark Piatkowski, Associate Director of Student Life, Residence Life (Host)
- Mr. Timothy Balkin, Vice President for Business & Finance
- Mr. Al Pilato, Associate Director of Student Life, Housing & Auxiliary Services
- Mr. John Tychinski, Director, Chartwells Dining Services
- Mr. Kenneth Schwab, Associate Director, Chartwells Dining Services
Click here to view the recording of The Residential Experience, Dining Services & Parking On-Campus Webinar.
Wellness & Safety
Date: Tuesday, August 17
Time: 12-1pm EST.
- Ms. Sheila Pettigrew, Sr. Assistant Director, Career Development & Interim Title IX Coordinator (Host)
- Chief Kimberly Beaty, Director, Public Safety
- Ms. Patricia Creahan, Director, Student Health Center
- Ms. Jennifer Herrmann, Associate Dean, Student Success/Student Care Manager
- Ms. Eileen Niland, Director, Counseling Center
Date: Thursday, August 19
Time: 12-1pm EST.
- Mr. Bennie Williams, Assistant Dean of Students & Director Multicultural Student Center (Host)
- Ms. Kaitlyn Buehlmann, Associate Campus Minister
- Mr. Rich Kennedy, Assistant Director, Student Life for Engagement
- Ms. Dyanna Moreira, New Griff Orientation Coordinator
- Ms. Zoey Maggiore, Interim Student Engagement Coordinator
- Mr. Brian Smith, Director, International Students & Study Abroad
Varsity Sporting Team Athletes Families
Varsity Athletics 101 Panel Session FAQs for Families of Student-Athletes
Date: Monday, August 23, 2021
Time: 7:00 pm EST.
Please join us during Orientation Week for the varsity student-athlete panel & FAQ, featuring the Director of Athletics and representatives from the following departments:
- Athletic Compliance
- Academic Support
- Athletic Training
- Athletic Communications
- Financial Aid
This session will provide both parents, families, and incoming student-athletes an opportunity to meet the athletic administration and support staff. We hope to provide answers to common questions that parents and student-athletes often have, but seldom ask, such as……..
- How are athletic injuries handled through insurance companies?
- What is the process to renew an athletic grant-in-aid?
- Communication with coaches—players to coach and parents to coach……
Parent and Family Newsletter
The Griff Center for Student Success releases a monthly newsletter to keep all of our parents and family members informed about important dates and information from the College. To sign-up to receive this monthly newsletter to your inbox, complete the online registration form here. The newsletter is not published during the summer months, but will resume regular publication at the start of the academic year in August.