Accommodations and Services

In order for students to receive academic or non-academic accommodations, students must self-identify and register with the Griff Center for Student Success, Student Accessibility Services office by completing the appropriate Accessibility Support Intake Form, and providing current documentation from a licensed or certified official that states the disability. In the case of most disabilities, the documentation should be no more than three to four years old and the assessment should be given at an adult level. Included in the written assessment should be a description of the current impact of the disability as it relates to the accommodations requested. A brief statement written by a physician on a prescription pad is not sufficient documentation.

The student must meet with a professional in the Griff Center for Student Success, Student Accessibility Services office to discuss the accommodations, and to become familiar with the procedures. Through consultation and evaluation of the documentation, each student’s needs are identified on a case-by-case, course-by-course basis. If documentation is outdated or further documentation is needed, Accessibility Support requires that the student obtain the needed information or assessment to receive services. No diagnostic testing is provided through Student Accessibility Services. There is a psychologist referral list available that highlights cost, locations, and insurance accepted.

Students may register with the Griff Center for Student Success, Student Accessibility Services office at any point throughout their academic career.  Documentation provided to that office is not considered part of a student’s permanent academic record. Accessibility Support will keep files for a minimum of seven years, and then at that time will destroy the content, unless the student requests the information be returned.

Documentation Guidelines

Review the Documentation Guidelines for submitting paperwork to be considered for services provided by the Griff Center for Student Success, Student Accessibility Services office.


  • Auxiliary Aids
  • Alternative Text
  • Housing Accommodations
  • Parking Passes
  • Note-Takers
  • Testing Accommodations