New Graduate Student Health Requirements

New York State Immunization Requirements

Graduate students, attending classes on campus and registered for 6 or more credits, are required by New York State to submit proof of vaccination for measles, mumps, rubella and meningococcal disease. These requirements apply to all graduate students including those enrolled in online programs that have a residency requirement or have a “modified online format" or are a designated online program required to comply as a condition for enrollment.

Graduate students must submit:

  • Proof of vaccination or laboratory confirmed immunity to measles, mumps and rubella, if born on or after 1/1/1957
  • Proof of vaccination against meningococcal meningitis within 5 years of enrollment or a signed waiver declining meningitis vaccination regardless of year of birth

Read detailed information about immunization requirements and compliance options here.

Download the required New York State Required Immunization Form:

New York State Required Immunization Form

To submit your meningitis response form, click here.

Deadline for Submission of Information  

Immunization records are due in Student Health before starting classes. Registration withdrawal occurs 30 days after the start of the semester if records are not received. This means graduate students are no longer registered with the college and are unable to access college technology, reside in campus housing, use college facilities, and attend college events.

All applicable tuition refund dates apply to immunization withdrawal and an immunization re-registration fee collected when a student complies on or after the withdrawal date.

Health Insurance

Canisius College recommends that all graduate students have health insurance.

All full-time graduate students enrolled for fall and spring semesters are enrolled in the college sponsored accident plan. To read about health insurance options for graduate students, click here.

Student Health Services

Student Health services are available to all graduate students currently enrolled and attending classes, both full time and part time.

Graduate students seeking care in Student Health are required to submit a medical history and consent to treat form. This form is available on myCanisusHealth or in Student Health.

To view available services, click here.

Emergency Contact

All graduate students are strongly encouraged to provide the college with an emergency contact.

In the event of a life threatening emergency, Student Health or another college official will notify your contact.  Provide your emergency contact information to the registrar’s office before your first day on campus.