How To Register For Summer Classes
Current students will login to myCanisius with their username and password. If you do not know your username or password, please contact the Information Technology Services Help desk at 716-888-8340 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How To Login
- Login to myCanisius with your username and password.
- Under the Launchpad select Schedule and Registration.
- Each of the menus will give you the additional options for you to select.
How To Register For Classes
- Under the Schedule and Registration menu select Manage My Registration.
- You need to select the term for which you want to register.
- Terms listed as view only will not allow you to process transactions.
- If you attempt to register before your registration window opens, you will receive a message that you are not eligible to register at this time. If you have questions about your registration time, you can contact the Student Records & Financial Services Center.
- If you have a hold that will prevent you from processing your registration, you will receive a message stating you can not register at this time. You should contact the office that placed the hold on your records.
- To register for classes, enter the five digit CRN (course reference number) for the sections you want to register.
- Once you have entered all the CRNs in the worksheet, click on the SUBMIT CHANGES button.
- The sections that you were able to register for will appear and will be listed as Web Registered with the date.
- Sections, in which you were unable to register, will appear as schedule errors.
- The reason for the error will be listed.
- Examples of registration errors are closed sections, time conflicts, signature required, pre-requisite, co-requisite (a course that you must take with that section), or duplicate section.
- You can not override these errors.
- If you are attempting to register for a class that has reached enrollment capacity, go to the Student Records and Financial Services Center and get a registration permit. If the instructor approves the override have them sign the permit and return it to the Student Records & Financial Services Center.
- The appropriate person listed on the course for signatures, can you give you the written permission to enter a section that requires a signature.
- Department advisors or chairpersons can give you the override for the pre-requisite or co-requisite error.
- Bring the override to the Student Records and Financial Services Center and the staff will register you for the class.
- To print your schedule, you have two options. Select View My Week at A Glance Schedule (calendar format) or View My Detail Schedule to find printable versions of your schedule.
- To add and drop sections after you have registered, click on Manage My Registration menu option. Your schedule will appear. A pull down list will appear in front of each of the sections, select the Web Drop option for each section you want to drop.
- You can add sections by entering the CRN(s) of the section(s) you want to add.
- Click on the submit change button to process your changes