Canisius Guide to Campus Visits
We’re ready to welcome you for a safe campus visit!
The health and safety of our entire campus community—including prospective students and families—remains our top priority. Thank you for following all of our guidelines for in-person campus visits. We look forward to seeing you at Canisius!
Your Well-Being Is Our Top Priority
We have made adjustments to our visit procedures to accommodate guidelines recommended from the state, county, and college. On the day of your visit, please follow each step in our health and safety process:
- Limit the number of people in your visit group to four. We understand that a college tour is an important step in the search process—it’s only natural for family and friends to want to experience it together. For maximum safety, however, we’re restricting each visit group to four people, including the prospective student.
- As per New York State’s COVID-19 Travel Advisory, all out-of-state travelers visiting New York must complete a mandatory 10-day quarantine upon arrival, or adhere to the COVID-19 testing guidelines to “test out” of quarantine. For details on the guidelines, please visit the New York State Travel Advisory Page. All out-of-state travelers are asked to contact 716-888-2202 upon scheduling a campus visit to confirm compliance with the Travel Advisory.
- Complete an online health questionnaire for each person in your visit group. The questionnaire will be emailed and texted to you the morning of your scheduled visit
- When you arrive on campus, call the Office of Undergraduate Admissions at 716-888-2202 to gain access to Lyons Hall. One of our admissions staff will greet you at the front entrance.
- Wear a facemask at all times. If you don’t have your own mask, we will provide you with one. If you choose not to wear a mask, you will not be allowed on campus.
- Observe all of the signage in place throughout campus to ensure proper social distancing and other safety protocols.
- If you or anyone intending to visit campus with you are not feeling well, please stay home and re-schedule your campus visit.
Safe and Responsible Campus Tours
Our campus tour guides have been trained to give tours while wearing masks and socially distancing. They will modify the route to avoid any restricted areas and to accommodate entrances and exits designated as one-way only.
Meeting with Faculty
To connect in-person or virtually with an academic faculty member from your department of interest please complete the Faculty Interview Request Form. Please note that, while we will do our best to accommodate all in-person visit requests, some academic faculty are only available virtually at this time. Additionally, all appointment times are based on faculty availability.
We realize that many families, especially those who have members with underlying health conditions, may not feel comfortable coming to campus. We are offering many virtual sessions and other ways to connect with us virtually. Our virtual events are listed on the visit webpage. Being unable to do an in-person campus visit will not negatively affect your application for admission.