Canisius Guide to Campus Visits
We’re ready to welcome you for a safe campus visit!
The health and safety of our entire campus community—including prospective students and families—remains our top priority. Thank you for following all of our guidelines for in-person campus visits. We look forward to seeing you at Canisius!
Beginning Monday, July 13, we’ll be offering four visit opportunities every day from Monday through Friday. Each visit will include a meeting with an admissions counselor and a guided private campus tour.
Your Well-Being Is Our Top Priority
We have made adjustments to our visit procedures to accommodate guidelines recommended from the state, county, and college. On the day of your visit, please follow each step in our health and safety process:
- Limit the number of people in your visit group to four. We understand that a college tour is an important step in the search process—it’s only natural for family and friends to want to experience it together. For maximum safety, however, we’re restricting each visit group to four people, including the prospective student.
- Complete an online health questionnaire for each person in your visit group. The questionnaire will be emailed and texted to you the morning of your scheduled visit.
- When you arrive on campus, call the Office of Undergraduate Admissions at 716-888-2202 to gain access to Lyons Hall. One of our admissions staff will greet you at the front entrance.
- Wear a facemask at all times. If you don’t have your own mask, we will provide you with one. If you choose not to wear a mask, you will not be allowed on campus.
- Observe all of the signage in place throughout campus to ensure proper social distancing and other safety protocols.
- If you or anyone intending to visit campus with you are not feeling well, please stay home and re-schedule your campus visit. In the past 14 days, if you have traveled to one of the states identified by the Governor requiring a mandatory quarantine, please re-schedule your visit.
Safe and Responsible Campus Tours
Our campus tour guides have been trained to give tours while wearing masks and socially distancing. They will modify the route to avoid any restricted areas and to accommodate entrances and exits designated as one-way only.
Daily time slots:
9:00 a.m. – Meeting with an admissions counselor
9:30 a.m. – Private Campus tour
11:00 a.m. – Meeting with an admissions counselor
11:30 a.m. – Private Campus tour
1:00 p.m. – Meeting with an admissions counselor
1:30 p.m. – Private Campus tour
2:30 p.m. – Meeting with an admissions counselor
3:00 p.m. – Private Campus tour
Meeting with Faculty
Unfortunately, we’re unable to schedule individual appointments with faculty at this time. However, if you’d like to speak with a professor, we’ll be happy to provide their individual contact information.
We realize that many families, especially those who have members with underlying health conditions, may not feel comfortable coming to campus. You can still take a virtual campus tour and speak with one of our admissions counselors. Being unable to do an in-person campus visit will not negatively affect your application for admission.