Canisius Guide to Campus Visits
We’re ready to welcome you for a safe campus visit!
The health and safety of our entire campus community—including prospective students and families—remains our top priority. Thank you for following all of our guidelines for in-person campus visits. We look forward to seeing you at Canisius!
Your Well-Being Is Our Top Priority
We have made adjustments to our visit procedures to accommodate guidelines recommended from the state, county, and college. On the day of your visit, please follow each step in our health and safety process:
- Limit the number of people in your visit group to four. We understand that a college tour is an important step in the search process—it’s only natural for family and friends to want to experience it together. For maximum safety, however, we’re restricting each visit group to four people, including the prospective student.
- When you arrive on campus, call the Office of Undergraduate Admissions at 716-888-2202 to gain access to Lyons Hall. One of our admissions staff will greet you at the front entrance.
- Fully vaccinated faculty, staff, and visitors are not required to wear a face mask while on campus. Per the CDC definition, people are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a two-dose series, such as Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. If you do not meet these requirements, regardless of your age, you are not fully vaccinated and should wear a mask at all times while on campus.
- Observe all of the signage in place throughout campus to ensure proper social distancing and other safety protocols.
- If you or anyone intending to visit campus with you are not feeling well, please stay home and re-schedule your campus visit.
Safe and Responsible Campus Tours
Our campus tour guides have been trained to give tours while wearing masks and socially distancing. They will modify the route to avoid any restricted areas and to accommodate entrances and exits designated as one-way only.
Meeting with Faculty
To connect in-person or virtually with an academic faculty member from your department of interest please complete the Faculty Interview Request Form. All appointment times are based on faculty availability.
We realize that many families, especially those who have members with underlying health conditions, may not feel comfortable coming to campus. We are offering many virtual sessions and other ways to connect with us virtually. Our virtual events are listed on the visit webpage. Being unable to do an in-person campus visit will not negatively affect your application for admission.