Digital Media Arts
Be an Expert at Digital Design
The Digital Media Arts (DMA) Program at Canisius College is on the cutting edge of graphic design, web design, digital filmmaking and game design. With hands-on courses and state-of-the-art equipment, the DMA major prepares students to enter a fast-paced and highly creative industry. Canisius has many opportunities to explore outside the classroom with internships and the award-winning Canisius College Video Institute. Students gain essential skills and create a diverse portfolio of work to help kickstart an exciting career.
DMA and Alumni News
- DMA students, Brooke Ballard, Patrick Kesterson, David Kaplan and Jared Brown win City of Buffalo's Serious Game Competition. Click here to read an article from Buffalo News about the competition.
- Canisius College Video Institute elebrates 10th anniversary. Click here to read the full article.
- Two DMA students, Patrick Kesterson and David Kaplan are featured in The Buffalo News article "Global Game Jam designers busy inventing" by Deidre Williams. Click here to read the full article.
- The Canisius College Video Institute is pleased to announce the acquisition of a 4K Blackmagic Production Camera! Jamie O’Neil’s DMA385: Digital Filmmaking course will be using the camera in conjunction with the first-ever 4K Video Institute project beginning production this winter.
Student Best Portfolios of 2014/15:
- Brooke Ballard - game and web design
- Darren Canham - digital filmmaking and web design
- Brian Doyle - graphic design
- Halie Jost - graphic and web design
- Sarah Signorelli - graphic and web design
- Vincen Alrich - graphic and web design
- David Kaplan - game and web design
Student Best Portfolios of 2013/14:
- Brianna Blank - digital filmmaking and game design
- Bethany Dudek - graphic design
- Steve Lakomski - graphic design and game design
- Adam Swift - graphic design and web design
- Erik Taheri - digital filmmaking, graphic design, web design
- Sam Tato - digital filmmaking
Why Study Digital Media Arts at Canisius?
- Digital Media Arts is a dynamic, challenging and highly rewarding field with career opportunities in Graphic & Web Design, Video & Film Production, Game Design & Simulation, Motion Graphics & Special Effects, Mobile App Development and Social Media & Online Marketing, among others.
- The DMA faculty is actively involved in the local community of designers, artists, developers and entrepreneurs who engage our students through internships, projects and employment opportunities.
- The award-winning Canisius College Video Institute. Students consistently produce projects that receive international, national and local acclaim. Many of these projects are created for local non-profit and human services agencies.
- The DMA internship, an integral part of the program, places students in local or national organizations and helps them gain valuable work experience and build an impressive portfolio of work.
- Our graduates work at places such as ESPN, Rogers Television, WNED-TV, The Buffalo News, Perfect Parallel, Buffalo Museum of Science, among others. Many others have started their own businesses or work as freelancers.
- A recent $250,000 upgrade to all HD (high definition) video equipment.
- First-class computer labs with latest software for 2D and 3D design, web development, video editing, game development and special effects.
Want more information?
Call 1-800-843-1517 to talk to an admissions counselor.