Message From The Director
Established in 1960, the All-College Honors program at Canisius has a long history of providing an intellectually rewarding experience within a community of dedicated and adventurous learners. Much more than an accelerated academic track, All-College Honors builds on the strong foundation of a Canisius undergraduate education. As an Honors student, you will:
- Become an independent and critical thinker through a fully interdisciplinary approach
- Explore diverse perspectives on a wide range of topics within an intellectually vibrant community
- Enjoy ample opportunities for deep reflection and discussion through seminar-style classes and close collaboration with faculty
- Form strong bonds with your peers through cultural and social activities, as well as access to a residence hall and study lounge reserved for Honors students
- Gain a deep understanding of justice and empathy through the Jesuit value of being for and with others
- Benefit from cura personalis (care for the whole person), knowing that your thoughts, dreams, fears, ambitions, and strengths reflect the totality of who you are and who you hope to become
As a graduate of the program myself, I’m certain your experience as an Honors scholar will be unmatched. I’m still so grateful for the sense of community I experienced in Honors, the way I felt I really belonged to this vibrant community of students and professors. I was challenged, supported, and encouraged to excel. I know my experiences in the program helped send me along my path to being a novelist, poet, and educator.
I really hope we have the opportunity to work together.
Janet McNally, MFA
Professor of English and Creative Writing
Director of All-College Honors