Integrated Marketing Communication
If you’re thinking of a career in communication that crosses into the business and marketing world, you’ll need a broad base of knowledge and a versatile skillset. That’s because specialties like creative advertising, digital media and marketing, social media and public relations—once considered separate but equal disciplines—are today intertwined, thanks to the game-changing impact of digital and social media. To meet the needs of aspiring communication professionals, Canisius is proud to offer one of the nation’s only interdisciplinary undergraduate programs in integrated marketing communication.
What is Integrated Marketing Communication (IMC)?
IMC professionals develop and manage marketing campaigns that combine advertising, public relations, sales promotion, digital marketing, marketing analytics, and social media marketing to deliver consistent messages across all media and help organizations reach their goals.
Our Bachelor of Science in Integrated Marketing Communication program offers a fully interdisciplinary approach. Working with professors from our Communication Studies, Digital Media Arts and Marketing departments, students will gain broad knowledge and learn specific skills to position them for success.
IMC Skills, Job Opportunities and Salary Projections
IMC majors learn a combination of creative, technical and business skills so they can launch effective marketing and communication campaigns.
These are just a handful of career paths you can take with a Canisius University IMC degree.
|Job Title||Average Salaries|
|Digital Marketing Manager||$106,188 - $139,102.|
|Marketing Manager||$100,835 - $131,925|
|Public relations manager||$117,847|
|Marketing analyst manager||$116,209|
*Source: Indeed, Glassdoor, Salary.com
- Hybrid teaching and learning methods—instruction will take place both in the classroom and online
- A fully interdisciplinary approach that teaches the fundamentals of traditional media with the still-emerging possibilities of new media
- An emphasis on experiential learning through hands-on activities and projects
- Guest lectures from local practitioners working in a variety of fields
- A holistic framework inspired by our Jesuit tradition that emphasizes the highest standards of professionalism and ethics
Extended Learning Opportunities
- Students offered high-profile internships in corporate communication offices, advertising agencies and nonprofits
- Extensive Canisius alumni network provides mentoring opportunities with access to a growing job market
- Post-Baccalaureate certificate also available to recent college graduates
- One of the few programs in the country to follow a fully integrated approach
- Equips students with hands-on, applied skills, supported by targeted academic courses
- Collaboration with the marketing and marketing communication industry to deliver graduates ready for a growing job market
- IMC graduates experience employment prospects and starting salaries that exceed other degree fields