Canisius University celebrated its 150th anniversary in 2020. Chemistry has been an integral part of this long history, evolving from the early days when the College began on Washington Street in Buffalo, until moving to its new building at 2001 Main Street. Once in Old Main, the Chemistry Department developed its own identity, and in 1937 it found a home in the Horan O’Donnell Building.
Many thanks to Professor Emeritus Joseph Bieron for writing this history of the Department, which can be found in the links below. Please share any comments about the history and stories about the Department with Joe at @email.