A student is considered a transfer applicant if they have enrolled in any college courses post high school graduation. Prospective students who fall into this category will complete our transfer application.
Transfer Application Requirements:
- Completed application (Canisius University App or Common App) and personal essay
- Transcripts from all previous colleges/universities attended. Transcripts must be certified originals in English.
- If you are unable to provide an official translated copy of your transcript in English, we are only able to accept translated transcripts from a NACES accredited organization. Please use this link to see a complete list of approved agencies.
- English Language Proficiency (ELP) test scores, if applicable. View ELP Requirement
- High school transcripts*
- SAT/ACT scores*
- WASSCE scores (if applicable)*
*Required only if you have completed less than 24 (U.S.) credit hours (i.e. one year of full-time study), or if you are applying to a program in the School of Education.
Application deadline is June 15th for Fall (August intake) and November 15th for Spring (January intake). **
**International applicants, with the exception of Canadian students, are encouraged to submit a completed application and all supplemental materials for review at least 6 months prior to the start date of the semester you are applying for. This is recommended to allow time for the visa application process.