A graduate student is defined as a student who has or is expecting to receive the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree.
If you are not sure that your degree will meet the admission requirements, please email a copy of your transcript to Graduate Admissions at @email.
Graduate Admission Requirements
- Completed application (Canisius College Online App)
- Personal Statement
- Transcripts from the institution you have, or will be receiving, your degree from - unofficial or in progress transcripts are acceptable to begin the admissions review process.
- If your school is unable to provide an official translated copy of your transcript in English, we are only able to accept translated transcripts from a NACES accredited organization. Please view a complete list of approved agencies.
- Please note that accepted students have one semester to submit their official transcripts before a hold is put on their student record.
- English Language Proficiency test scores – a copy is acceptable to begin the admissions review process.
- Additional requirements such as test scores and recommendation letters vary by program. To view the admissions requirements for your program of interest, visit our graduate programs page.
Application deadline is June 15th for Fall (August intake) and September 15th for Spring (January intake). *
*Applications received after the deadline will be processed on a space availability basis.
International Graduate Student Scholarships
Richard J. Wehle School of Business has several scholarship opportunities. For more information on the Business scholarships, please visit the Wehle School Scholarships and Assistantships page.
There is limited availability for Graduate Assistantships. Information on open positions will be sent via email to accepted and current students. These positions will typically require students to work 10-20 hours per week and will provide a tuition waiver for 1-3 courses per semester.
STEM Designated Programs
STEM degree holders may apply for a one-year extension to their post-completion OPT after graduating. F-1 Students who obtain an degree in a science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM) related field may apply for a one-year extension of their post-completion OPT. Students graduate and then apply for a two-year extension near the end of their first year. The DSO will endorse the I-20 for extension application for students who qualify.
Canisius offers four STEM designated graduate programs:
Speak with your admissions counselor to learn more.
International Graduate Student FAQ