Canisius College Physician Assistant Studies Estimated Program Costs for Students
The 2021-22 Canisius College physician assistant program tuition rate is $875/credit hour. This rate is typically subject to a 2-3% change each year. Total credits for this program are 110 over seven semesters resulting in a total tuition cost of $96,250 as of this current rate. This does not include college and program fees listed below.
- College Fee: $15/credit hour, capped at 9 credit hours per semester = $140/semester
- Technology Fee: $10/credit hour, capped at 9 credit hours per semester = $90/semester
- Wellness Fee: $130/semester
- BLS/ACLS/PALS: (one-time fee): $300
- Medical Library (Textbooks and journals; $50/semester): $350
- Lab/simulation fees: $250/Semester (7 semesters): $1750
- Background check/Drug Screening: (Additional fees may occur as some rotations will require additional checks and/or screenings): $135
- New York State Society of Physician Assistants (NYSSPA) student membership: $35/yr ($70 total)
Total Estimated PA Program Costs $101,375
Additional Possible Student Expenses
- Medical equipment (Average cost): $850
- Parking fee ($35/year for graduate students): $115
- Additional Professional Memberships: $250 (estimated for duration of the program)
- Additional textbook or resource purchases: May vary based on instructor recommendations and student preference
- Student Health Insurance (Variable): Students must provide their own health insurance coverage.
Suggestions for Financing PA School
We know PA school can be a costly investment in your future. The following is a list of scholarship opportunities used by our current students for support:
- PA moms scholarship
- Joyce Nichols memorial scholarship
- William Marquardt community health access scholarship
- NCCPA endowed scholarship
- AAPA PA foundation scholarship
- AAPA past presidents scholarship
- Ron nelson memorial scholarship
- Kenneth Whitney PA memorial scholarship through NYSSPA
- Tylenol future care scholarship for healthcare professionals
- ALANA student scholarship.
- PA students interested in hospice care are eligible for scholarship-eligibility requires doing a rotation in hospice care
- HRSA NATIONAL HEALTH SERVICE CORPS-NHSC students to service loan repayment program
- Timi A Barwick Scholarship for humanism in medicine
- VA HPSP health professional scholarship program for American citizens/veterans.
- Ron Pace memorial scholarship for children/dependents of veterans
Please see the hyperlink below for additional suggestions that we found useful for scholarships and other means of assisting with financing your education. This is not affiliated with Canisius College or our Financial Aid Office, but simply a resource we found useful in our investigations. Further questions about financial aid opportunities can be directed to our Student Records Office at 716-888-2600.
The annual schedule for tuition refunds can be found on the academic calendar or by contacting Student Records & Financial Services Office. For more information about college Refund Policies: