By 2030, the demand for social workers is projected to increase by 12%—faster than average for all occupations. Pairing a psychology degree with a master’s degree in social work can unlock a fulfilling career as a social worker, counselor, therapist, adoption specialist and more. And with our 3+2 accelerated program, you’ll be able to begin that path more quickly.
A Unique Fast Track
Our 3+2 Accelerated BA/BS-MSW option is made possible through an agreement between Canisius and the University at Buffalo School of Social Work.
- Earn your bachelor’s and master’s in less time—5 years instead of 6
- Gain a strong liberal arts foundation while completing your major in psychology
- Take advantage of one of the top 10% accredited graduate schools for social work in the US
You can become eligible for the 3+2 program if you:
- Plan to earn either a bachelor of arts or a bachelor of science in psychology
- Complete all undergraduate academic requirements, including the core curriculum and program requirements, by the end of your junior year
- Complete an undergraduate course in human biology
- Pursue relevant volunteer/internship activities
- Maintain a cumulative GPA at Canisius of 3.0 or higher
For more information, contact:
Charles Goodsell, PhD
Chair, Psychology Department
@email or 716.888.2527