HEOP Recipients must:
1. Have been a New York State resident for at least one year prior to enrollment in HEOP.
2. Be inadmissible under Canisius University's regular admission requirements as determined by the Admissions Office.
3. Meet the State's Economic Guidelines for HEOP.
4. Be a high school graduate or have a state-approved High School Equivalency Diploma or its equivalent (GED, etc.)
5. Have the potential to succeed in college as determined by testing, personal interview, participation in mandatory pre-freshman summer program.
Application Fee Waiver
Admissions application processing fee is waived for all students applying for the HEOP Program.
HEOP Application Process
- Complete the Canisius University Application for Admission.
- Submit official high school transcript or copy of GED scores.
- Submit two letters of recommendation (teacher, guidance counselor, employer, etc.)
- Complete COPE admission test and personal interview process.
- Submit proof of income in previous year for parents and self if applicable(signed copy of 1040 income tax form or letter from any of the following applicable organizations stating the amount of money received: Social Services, Social Security, Veterans Benefits, unemployment or disability).
Transfer students must submit official college transcript(s) and a transfer application which verifies EOP, HEOP, SEEK or College Discovery participation in addition to the above.