Faculty Research & Publications
Dr. Clancy M. Seymour – Assistant Professor/Director of Physical and Health Education Teacher Education
- Finn, K., Seymour, C. M., & Philips, A. (2019). Weight bias and grading among middle and high school teachers. British Journal of Educational Psychology. https://doi.org/10.1111/bjep.12322.
- Seymour, C M., Burns, B., & Henry, J. (2018). Cooperating Teachers: Stakeholders in the edTPA? Issues in Teacher Education, 27(1), 41-56.
- Seymour, C. M., Donnelly, J. P., & Lindauer, J. R. (2018). A clinically rich model in physical education teacher education. The Physical Educator, 75(3), 438–453. https://doi.org/10.18666/TPE-2018-V75-I3-7707.
- Seymour, C. M., & Finn, K. (2019). Bias in Physical Educators’ Grading Practices with ELA Literacy. The Physical Educator, 76(2), 427-439. https://doi:10.18666/TPE-2019-V76-I2-8541
- Seymour, C. M., Illg, K., Donnelly, J., Kozlowski, K., Lopata, C., & Thomeer, M. (2019). Effects of Common Core State Standards on student physical activity rates and student and teacher perceptions in physical education. The Physical Educator. 76(5), 1266-1286. https://doi.org/10.18666/TPE-2019-V76-I5-9116
- Seymour, C. M., & Garrison, M. J. (2015). Is the physical being taken out of physical education? On the possible effects of high-stakes testing on an embattled profession’s curriculum goals. Quest, 67(4), 400-408. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/00336297.2015.1085422.
- Seymour, C. M., & Garrison, M.J. (2017). Value added models and the implementation of the National Standards of K-12 Physical Education. The Journal of Inquiry and Action in Education, 8(2), 90-102.
- Seymour, C. M., & Garrison, M. J. (2016). What they think about how they are evaluated: Perspectives of New York State physical educators on teacher evaluation policy. International Journal of Education Policy and Leadership, 11(6). http://journals.sfu.ca/ijepl/index.php/ijepl/article/view/727/158.
- Seymour, C. M., & Reeds, G. K. (2018). Teaching Methods for Coaches — Coaching Methods for Teachers. Strategies 31(6), 10-15. https://doi.org/10.1080/08924562.2018.1515679.
Dr. Greg Reeds – Associate Professor
- Ignatian Scholarship Day: Self-Esteem Profiles of Special Olympic Participants Reeds, G with Cavanaugh, L and Mary Morgan Cavanaugh, L., Reeds G., Griffin K., McGhee, M., & Kuberka D. (2015)
- Special Olympics: From volunteering for a day to starting your own training club. PALAESTRA (aceptance rate - 90%; impact factor coming in 2017)
- Participated in an Association of Applied Sport Psychology (AASP) webinar Neuro- Psychology of Athletic Performance: Critical Moments
- Working on Continuing Education units with the American Board of Sport Psychology Evidence Based Applied Sport Psychology Attended the National Soccer Coaches Association Convention Philadelphia, PA January 2015
- Community Service Coached Amherst Premier Travel Boys U17 to A State Cup victory
- Placed first and undefeated in the Robbie International Tournament in Toronto Ontario June 2015
- Won the Columbus Crew Cup and College Showcase (2 wins 1 tie)
- Won the Buffalo and Western New York Soccer League Title with a 9-0-1 record
- Guest Lecturer/Adjunct Professor NCCC Motor Behavior Served on the GCC PE Advisory Board Served on the Christian Central Academy Athletic Advisory Board Served as Consultant to the Lancaster Depew Soccer Club