Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
The demand for Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) is increasing throughout the country and abroad, opening a world of career opportunities. It is a trend that is projected to grow steadily. If you already have a degree in an undergraduate program, consider a Master's in TESOL to strengthen your skills as a teacher.
Please note: this program does not lead to initial New York State teaching certification if you are not already a certified teacher.
The TESOL and Bilingual programs are fully online and designed to prepare certified New York State teachers for TESOL certification grades kindergarten through 12. The program provides flexibility in scheduling, eliminating time and travel barriers you may encounter as a working professional.
You have a number of options in the program including certification and non-certification tracks. Courses are taught by faculty with extensive experience working as TESOL and Bilingual teachers. The advanced certificate program and bilingual extension can be completed in as little as one year. Your field practicum can be completed anywhere in the United States or internationally.
- Flexible schedule and online delivery with three start points during the year.
- The School of Education and Human Services is nationally accredited by CAEP.
- Small class sections are taught online by Canisius professors.
- Courses are taught by faculty with extensive teaching experience working as TESOL and Bilingual teachers.
- The field practicum can be completed anywhere in the U.S. or internationally.
- Our Master’s degree program meets requirements for NYS professional certification and certification as a TESOL specialist.
- The advanced certificate program and the bilingual extension can be completed in as little as one year.