Canisius is a proud participant in the Yellow Ribbon Program which includes tuition benefits for veterans and more. Contact our staff to learn how Canisius supports servicemen and women.
- Canisius is consistently ranked among the top 20 universities in the Northeast for veterans by U.S. News and World Report.
- Our dedicated veteran's support staff offers counseling and an array of support services.
- You can take advantage of flexible military service credits.
- Choose from 126 undergraduate majors, minors and special programs and 35 master's degree and certificate programs.
VA Pending Payment Compliance
In accordance with Title 38 US Code 3679 subsection (e), Canisius College adopts the following additional provisions for any students using U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Post 9/1 1 G.I. Bill@ (Ch. 33) or Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (Ch. 31) benefits, while payment to the institution is pending from the VA. This school will not:
• Prevent nor delay the student's enrollment;
• Assess a late penalty fee to the student;
• Require the student to secure alternative or additional funding;
• Deny the student access to any resources available to other students who have satisfied their tuition and fee bills to the institution, including but not limited to access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities.
However, to qualify for this provision, such students will be required to:
Produce the Certificate of Eligibility by the first day of class
Provide additional information needed to properly certify the enrollment
Our institution has adopted this addendum, effective August 2019.
GI Jobs Magazine Lauds Canisius as Military Friendly
The 2017 Military Friendly Schools list honors colleges & universities that are doing the most to embrace military service members & veterans as students.