Canisius is a proud participant in the Yellow Ribbon Program which includes tuition benefits for veterans and more. Contact our staff to learn how Canisius supports servicemen and women.
- Canisius is consistently ranked among the top 20 universities in the Northeast for veterans by U.S. News and World Report.
- Our dedicated veteran's support staff offers counseling and an array of support services.
- You can take advantage of flexible military service credits.
- Choose from 126 undergraduate majors, minors and special programs and 35 master's degree and certificate programs.
VA Pending Payment Compliance
In accordance with Title 38 US Code 3679 subsection (e), Canisius College adopts the following additional provisions for any students using U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Post 9/1 1 GI Bill® (Ch. 33) or Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (Ch. 31) benefits, while payment to the institution is pending from the VA. This school will not:
• Prevent nor delay the student's enrollment;
• Assess a late penalty fee to the student;
• Require the student to secure alternative or additional funding;
• Deny the student access to any resources available to other students who have satisfied their tuition and fee bills to the institution, including but not limited to access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities.
However, to qualify for this provision, such students will be required to:
Produce the Certificate of Eligibility by the first day of class
Provide additional information needed to properly certify the enrollment
Our institution has adopted this addendum, effective August 2019.
Contact Our Support Staff/Resources
The Office of Veteran Services at Canisius College is dedicated to providing an environment that helps our veteran students achieve their academic and personal goals. Our staff is committed to creating a supportive and friendly atmosphere where students feel comfortable seeking assistance concerning both academic and non-academic issues.
For more information about your educational benefits, please speak with your Educational Services Officer or counselor or contact:
Office of Admissions
Toll free at 1-800-843-1517
Griff Center for Academic Engagement, Proctor Site
Old Main 317
Mon.- Fri. 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Assistant Director of Financial Aid
For Federal benefits:
GI Bill® Website
For New York State benefits:
New York State Division of Veterans' Affairs
Higher Education Services Corp (HESC)
For Erie County assistance:
Erie County Veterans Service Agency
95 Franklin Street, Suite 1254
Buffalo, NY 14202
Department of Defense TA DECIDE
US Department of Education College Scorecard
NCES College Navigator