Coaching Advanced Certificate
Beyond helping young athletes learn how to care for and condition their bodies, organized sports can teach core life skills around teamwork and healthy competition, including communication and problem-solving. According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the decade-long growth rate for coaching jobs is projected to exceed 10% (2018-2028), reinforcing the valuable role coaches play in the learning process.
- Basic nutrition and the application of exercise principles
- Common challenges faced by today’s coaching professionals
- Principles of effective coaching, including the role of the coach, practice planning, leadership styles, organization and management, ethics and values clarification, goal setting, communication, career objectives, coaching burnout and sport psychology
- The social psychology of sport and physical activity
- You’ll satisfy the New York State coaching education course requirement, making you eligible to apply for a NYSED coaching license
- You’ll be well-prepared for graduate work at the master’s-degree level, such as our Online Master of Science in Physical Education program