JOSEPH J. NAPLES CONVERSATIONS IN CHRIST & CULTURE LECTURE AND PERFORMANCE SERIES
“Defending a Historical Adam after Darwin”
Fr. Nicanor Austriaco, O.P.
Professor of Biological Sciences & Professor of Sacred Theology
University of Santo Tomas, Philippines
- Thursday, February 9, 2023
- Richard E. Winter ’42 Student Center- Grupp Fireside Lounge
- 7:30 PM
Rev. Fr. Nicanor Austriaco, O.P. currently serves as Professor of Biological Sciences and Professor of Sacred Theology at the University of Santo Thomas (UST) in the Philippines, and Director of ThomisticEvolution.org. From 2005 to 2022, Fr. Austriaco served on the faculty of Providence College in Providence, Rhode Island. His laboratory at UST is developing a yeast delivery platform for both a COVID-19 vaccine and an ASFV vaccine for the Philippines. He is the author of the books Biomedicine and Beatitude: An Introduction to Catholic Bioethics (2011) and Thomistic Evolution (2019).
Conversations in Christ & Culture: Past Speakers
- Elizabeth Bruenig, opinion columnist at The Washington Post
- James K.A. Smith, professor of philosophy and author
- Margaret O’Brien Steinfels, writer and editor.
- David Bentley Hart, University of Cambridge
- John F. Haught, PhD, Georgetown University’s Woodstock Theological Center
- Peter C. Phan, PhD, Georgetown University
- T. Frank Kennedy, SJ, Canisius Professor at Boston College
- Brian D. McLaren is an author, speaker, activist and networker among innovative Christian leaders.
- Fr. Dean Brackley, S.J., University of Central America in El Salvador
- Lisa Sowle Cahill, Boston College
- Rev. Francis Clooney, S.J, Harvard University
- Dr. James Cone, Union Theological Seminary, NYC
- Dr. Martin Cook, Air Force Academy, Boulder, CO
- Dr. John Dominic Crossan, Depal University
- Dr. Lawrence Cunningham, Notre Dame University
- Avery Cardinal Dulles, S.J., Fordham University
- Rabbi Elyse Goldstein, Kolel Center in Toronto
- Joseph Grieboski, Institute on Religion and Public Policy
- Dolores C. Huerta, Co-founder and Vice President Emeritus
- Elizabeth Johnson, Fordham University
- Gustav Niebuhr, Syracuse University
- Rabbi David Novak, University of Toronto
- Rev. Mitch Pacwa, S.J., Ignatius Productions
- Rev. John Pawlikowski, University of Chicago
- David Robinson, National Director Pax Christi
- Dr. Ronald Sider, Palmer Theological Seminary
- Linda E. Thomas, Lutheran School of Theology
- George Weigel, Ethics and Policy Center Washington D.C.
- Robert Wuthnow, Princeton University