Whether you compare it to gold or to oil, data has become the world’s most valuable resource in the 21st century. It’s no wonder the field of data analytics is growing at a fast rate. Over a 10-year period (2019-2029), projected job growth for business intelligence analysts in the United States is 11%. A graduate degree can open the door to career paths with organizations of all sizes and from all industries.
Canisius Data Programs at a Glance
Find the Data Program That’s Right for You
Choose cybersecurity if:
- You want to focus on engineering, programming and developing business and organization networks.
- You want the most technical of our data programs.
Choose data analytics if:
- You want to focus on advanced data analysis to synthesize insights and build skills applicable across a range of industries and organizations.
- You want the most scientific of our data programs.
Choose business analytics if:
- You want to focus on using data to identify trends, inform narratives and generate solutions and drive business decisions.
- You want the most commercial of our data programs.
We’ll Work With You To Shape Your Program
We designed this graduate program to work with your level of education and experience. No matter where you are in your career – just starting out, jumping to a new field, or building on years of experience – your program can be tailored to suit you.
- Foundation courses get you up to speed. If you’re a new grad or a career changer with little or no experience in the field, you can develop the core competencies that you need for long-term success right at the beginning of your program.
- Foundation courses can be waived with relevant experience. If you’re a seasoned pro eager to deepen your knowledge and hone your skills even further, you can get right into the material – and get to degree completion faster.
Contact @email to connect with a graduate admissions advisor and see what your path to a graduate degree could look like.
Turn Storytelling With Data Into a Powerful Career
Become a professional who’s fluent in analytics and then use data insights to tell compelling stories and help drive growth and innovation. Our Master of Science in Business Analytics program will teach you how to focus on the story behind the numbers to highlight key insights and add value. We’ll prepare you for today’s careers while instilling a learn-how-to-learn mindset to prepare you for tomorrow’s challenges and opportunities.
A Practical and Timely Curriculum
Our curriculum has been designed in partnership with industry experts. Their feedback has helped shape a program focused on the real-world priorities of today’s businesses. Our curriculum also emphasizes core skills such as teamwork and communication, as well as the ethical stewardship of data.
An Interdisciplinary Approach
Our MS in Business Analytics merges the disciplines of data analytics and business. You’ll gain the business acumen, communication skills and data-handling skills to add value to any team. You’ll develop strong analytics skills and the ability to generate solutions aligned with strategic priorities. You’ll also be able to connect business analytics with processes and strategic performance measures.
Benefit from deep, hands-on experience with advanced analytical tools. A professional internship component will also expose you to real-world problem-solving opportunities.
Our 40-credit-hour program is offered as both a full-time and a part-time program of study. Choose the option that fits your schedule and goals.
STEM Designation- International Students
Certain F-1 Students who receive science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) degrees can apply for a 24-month post-completion OPT extension. This program qualifies as a STEM designated program. Speak with your admissions counselor to learn more.
Have a Quick Question? Use Our Live Chat: