With a global footprint that spans almost every continent, opportunities at Canisius to learn what it means to be a global citizen are diverse. From course-related travel and study abroad to international service-immersions, Canisius students have an array of options to expand inspire their worldview.
Where Can I Go?
It depends on the goals of your travel experience:
- Faculty-led seminars: unique programs spanning 5 continents
- Study abroad programs: life-changing experiences in 21 locations across 13 countries
- Service-immersion trips: 6 opportunities for meaningful service, both abroad and domestic
When Can I Go?
Opportunities to travel and study are offered during the academic year as well as in the summer.
- Service-immersions take place during the summer and winter.
- You can study abroad starting your sophomore year.
- You can go on a service-immersion as early as freshman year.
- Faculty-led seminars are open to both students and alumni.
How Long Will I Be Away?
- Faculty-led seminars last anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks.
- Study abroad experiences last an entire semester.
- For service-immersions, you can choose between international trips that last 1 to 3 weeks during the summer and weeklong domestic trips during the winter.
How Do I Apply
- International seminars and faculty-led programs: Institute for Global Engagement, Center for International Education, Student Center 003
- Study abroad programs and course-related travel: Office of Study Abroad, Center for International Education, Student Center 003
- Domestic and international service-immersions: Office of Campus Ministry, Old Main 207
- Further questions: Center for International Education, Student Center 003