To make international payment more convenient, Canisius College has partnered with TransferMate, Flywire and NorthStar Currency in order to streamline the process of international payments for tuition and fees (either international payment provider can be used).
Policy Regarding Overpayments
Canisius College does not accept overpayments on student accounts. Please transfer only the amount due on your student account to avoid payment delays.
• You can pay in your home currency or in the currency of your choice direct from your mobile, tablet or desktop device.
• Pay online using local payment options or by bank transfer.
• Exchange rate is competitive when compared to most banks' retail rates.
• There are NO transaction charges from Canisius College for foreign currency.
• Your payment will include reference information to ensure that it reaches your student account quickly
If you have questions about your statement or charges, please contact your institution. If you have a payment in progress and have questions or need help with a payment initiated by foreign currency, please contact (coming soon).
How to make a payment?
1. Login to myCanisius (https://my.canisius.edu/web/mycampus/home)
2. Click on Financial Services
3. Select Manage My Student Account
4. Select Make a Payment
5. Select Bank Wire as your payment method
Flywire allows you to pay securely from any country and any bank, generally in your home currency. In many cases, you will be able to choose from multiple options for payment, including traditional bank/wire transfer, as well as via your international credit or debit card.
By making your payment with Flywire you can:
- Track your payments from start to finish
- Save on bank fees and exchange rates in over 48 currencies
- Contact their multilingual customer support team with any questions, day or night
To get started, go to: canisius.flywire.com to begin the payment process.
If you have questions about making an international payment visit flywire.com/help.
With NorthStar Currency’s secure system you can choose from one of 11 languages and your receipt will be emailed to you as soon as your transaction is complete. You will know exactly how much you’re paying in your home currency. Please note that acceptance of local currency is subject to international banking restrictions and regulations.
Canadian Students - On top of lower exchange rates there are no transfer fees (which cost upwards of $50 at a bank). An added bonus - payments can be made to NorthStar via online bank payment so there is no need to go to your branch. Please note that NorthStar is only for use with International transactions.