LOOKING FOR A LITTLE FRIENDLY COMPETITION?
As a member of the National Intramural - Recreational Sports Association (NIRSA), the Canisius Intramural Sports Program encourages participation in a competitive, yet fun, sports environment.
Intramural Sports are one of the most popular student activities at Canisius University. The program is designed to provide students an opportunity to participate in athletic and non-athletic recreational activities in a fun and safe environment. The Intramural Sports Program is designed to provide organized competitive and recreational activities for participants of all levels and abilities. Structured leagues and tournaments are offered in a variety of team, individual and dual activities. Intramural sports promote physical fitness, social interaction, and campus involvement. Intramurals take place on campus and utilize the Patrick Lee Center, KAC Gym, Demske Sports Complex and Lyons Hall Lawn.
Intramural sports offered include:
- Basketball (3v3 and 5v5)
- Flag Football
- Floor Hockey
- Kan Jam
- Softball (Tournament)
- Ultimate Frisbee
For questions, comments or concerns, please contact:
Canisius University Intramural Coordinator
Athletic Facilities Coordinator
Equipment Room Manager
The mission of the Intramural Office is to bring students, faculty, and staff together in educational activities that promote healthy lifestyles, enhance a sense of community, foster growth in leadership and teamwork skills, and encourage the pursuit of excellence. The Intramural Office gives opportunities to learn the important values developed through team spirit and cooperation. The Intramural Office is dedicated to providing opportunities to engage in physical activity and fellowship in an organized sports environment.
Teams can enter a league at any time during the league’s registration period. Each team needs to complete the following in order to register:
- All teams must be registered through www.imleagues.com by the registration deadline for each league and tournament.
- Each player must have a signed intramural waiver submitted to the Intramural Coordinator before the first game of each session.
- Each player must provide a photocopy of his/her insurance card to the Intramural Coordinator before the first game of each session.
Register yourself and/or your team today at IMLeagues.com/canisius!
CANISIUS UNIVERSITY INTRAMURALS DEPARTMENT
All participating individuals must sign the following form before participating in any intramural/recreational or club sport programs or activity. The signature acknowledges an agreement to both the Release of All Liability Claims and Assumption of Risk and the NIRSA Standards of Conduct for Intramural/Recreational and Club Sports Events. PDF version available here.
RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY CLAIMS AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK
In consideration of Canisius University permitting me to participate in the Canisius University Intramural/Recreational and Club Sports Program and Activities, I (printed name on reverse side) with the intent to be legally bound, hereby agree:
· Not to bring any action, legal, equitable, or otherwise or to make any claim of any nature whatsoever against Canisius University, its officers, trustees, employees, and agents, the Canisius University Intramural/Recreational and Club Sports Program and its officers, programs, either directly or indirectly, for any personal injuries including death or property damage which others might sustain in engaging in Intramural/Recreational and Club Sports Program or activities necessarily or incidentally associated therewith: and
· To release and further discharge Canisius University, its officers, employees, and agents, the Canisius University Intramural/Recreational and Club Sports Program and its officers, instructors , representatives and any other person involved with the Canisius University Intramural/Recreational and Club Sports Program, either directly or indirectly, of any responsibility or liability of any nature to me for any injuries, death, or property damage which may occur either directly or indirectly as a result of my participation in the Canisius University Intramural/Recreational and Club Sports Program.
I understand the physical nature of the programs and activities offered by the Canisius University Intramural/Recreational and Club Sports Department. I assume the risk of participating in such activities and programs offered by the Canisius University Intramural/Recreational and Club Sports Department.
I make these covenants, releases, and waivers knowingly and voluntarily with full knowledge of any existing dangers in training and athletic activities; which dangers I hereby further expressly voluntarily assume.
I further make these covenants, releases, and waivers to bind myself, my executors, heirs, and administrators and assigns to the fullest extent.
I do execute this release with the intent to be legally bound hereby for myself, and on behalf of my heirs, administrators, executors, and assigns.
NIRSA STANDARDS OF CONDUCT FOR INTRAMURAL/RECREATIONAL AND CLUB SPORT EVENTS
The standard of conduct shall serve as a guideline for how individuals are expected to behave when participating in National Intramural Recreational Sport Association (NIRSA) sponsored activities. Students enrolled in an institution of higher learning assume an obligation to conduct themselves in a manner compatible with the college/university’s function as an educational institution. When team members participate in an event sponsored or endorsed by the NIRSA, the participant indicates, by their registration of the event, they agree to represent their team and college/university in a way that does not detract from the reputation of the institution they are representing and to act morally and display sportsmanship-like behavior, before, during, and after any competition. Guidelines of conduct include, but are not limited to, the examples outlined below.
PARTICIPANTS SHALL NOT:
Use drugs, except for medical purposes, while competing, socializing, and/or spectating at intramural/club sport events.
Consume alcohol or use tobacco products while competing, socializing, and/or spectating at intramural/club sport events.
Attend any organized team formal where alcohol or drugs are present
Strike, attempt to strike or otherwise physical and/or verbally abuse an official, opposing player, spectator or coach.
Intentionally engage in or incite participants and/or spectators to engage in abusive or violent action.
Use obscene gestures, profanity, or disrespectful language at any time while competing, socializing, and/or spectating at intramural/club sports events.
Violate any NIRSA college/university rules or policies.
VIOLATIONS OF THE STANDARDS OF CONDUCT WILL RESULT IN:
Suspension from the game/match;
Suspension from the tournament;
Forfeiture of individual or teams awards/honors/leadership positions;
Ejection from further participation in intramurals/club sport activity;
Forfeiture of all games/matches won and possible team elimination from current and future NIRSA sponsored or endorsed events.
Suspension from Canisius University Recreational Facilities indefinitely or for a specified amount of time.
These Standards of Conduct apply to all Intramural/Recreational and Club Sports Activities that occur at Canisius University. Please understand their importance. Thank you for your cooperation.