The insights drawn from big data hold great promise for organizations in a wide array of fields including marketing, policing, government policy-making, banking, sports and more. People who can effectively utilize big data help companies make better and faster decisions and operate more efficiently – a big reason why data analytics professionals are in such high demand.
The MS in Data Analytics will prepare you to work as a data specialist across a range of industries and organizations. You’ll learn how to work with and analyze large data sets, and how to apply data knowledge within a field of specialization. You’ll gain the effective teamwork and communication skills that are essential to working within diverse, multidisciplinary organizations. And you’ll get a solid grounding in the ethics of data stewardship, training that is highly relevant in an age where the accumulation and storage of personal data is ever increasing.
- DA 511: Data Stewardship: Preparation, Exploration and Handling of Big Data
- DA 514: Data Mining and Machine Learning
- DA 515: Visualization and Presentations of Advanced Analytics
- Full-time program that can be completed in one year
- Full-time program allows you to take classes as part of a small cohort of 15 to 20 students
- Part-time option designed for the working professional
- Part-time option can be completed in as few as two years
- A degree in a STEM field is not required. Open to students with a wide range of undergraduate degrees.
- Experienced faculty is comprised of scholars, big data researchers and industry professionals
- Strong industry connections open doors to internships at organizations throughout WNY
BEST JOBS IN AMERICA ARE IN DATA ANALYTICS - GLASSDOOR.COM
Extended Learning Opportunities
The Data Analytics program has unique features to help students be successful during the program and after graduation.