The insights drawn from big data hold great promise for organizations in a wide array of fields including marketing, policing, government policy-making, banking, sports and more. People who can effectively utilize big data help companies make better and faster decisions and operate more efficiently – a big reason why data analytics professionals are in such high demand.
The MS in Data Analytics will prepare you to work as a data specialist across a range of industries and organizations. You’ll learn how to work with and analyze large data sets, and how to apply data knowledge within a field of specialization. You’ll gain the effective teamwork and communication skills that are essential to working within diverse, multidisciplinary organizations. And you’ll get a solid grounding in the ethics of data stewardship, training that is highly relevant in an age where the accumulation and storage of personal data is ever increasing.
- DA 511: Data Stewardship: Preparation, Exploration and Handling of Big Data
- DA 514: Data Mining and Machine Learning
- DA 515: Visualization and Presentations of Advanced Analytics
- Full-time program that can be completed in one year
- Full-time program allows you to take classes as part of a small cohort of 15 to 20 students
- Part-time option designed for the working professional
- Part-time option can be completed in as few as two years
- A degree in a STEM field is not required. Open to students with a wide range of undergraduate degrees.
- Experienced faculty is comprised of scholars, big data researchers and industry professionals
- Strong industry connections open doors to internships at organizations throughout WNY
BEST JOBS IN AMERICA ARE IN DATA ANALYTICS - GLASSDOOR.COM
Canisius hosts a Data Analytics Speaker Series focusing on different topics in the field. All events are open to the public and free to attend.
Extended Learning Opportunities
The Data Analytics program has unique features to help students be successful during the program and after graduation.