Do you aspire to work as an investment analyst for a large brokerage firm? Maybe your dream is to manage risk at a financial institution or even a major charitable foundation. Whatever your career goals may be, an advanced finance degree will arm you with the knowledge and skills you need. When you pursue a master’s in finance at Canisius, you open the door to a wealth of business career paths in the private, public and nonprofit sectors.
The Master of Science in Finance program provides advanced knowledge of general finance in the areas of investments, quantitative analysis, financial institutions and markets. Grounded in our Jesuit tradition, the program’s holistic approach emphasizes both technical expertise and ethical decision-making. Instructional methods focus on the care and personal growth of each individual finance professional. Classroom projects and activities advance the highest standards of professional conduct as well as communication and teamwork. To meet the demands of today’s emerging business needs and financial markets, students can choose one of four concentrations: investment research, risk management, data analytics or general finance.
- A holistic focus that provides technical knowledge within a framework for ethical decision-making
- Four specialty tracks: investment research, risk management, data analytics, general finance
- A state-of-the-art financial markets lab for hands-on training in investment research
- Flexible scheduling—students have options for full-time or part-time study
- AACSB accreditation—a standard achieved by fewer than 5% of business schools worldwide
- Modeled on our undergraduate finance program, which is ranked 18th in the nation by US News & World Report
- 2015 CFA Institute Research Challenge Global Champion team in investment research
Extended Learning Opportunities
- High-profile internships at investment wealth management companies and major banks
- Real-world experience in investment research and portfolio management through the Golden Griffin Fund. Participation may count toward the CFA Institute’s experience requirement for a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation.
The MS in Finance program is recognized by the Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP), an industry-leading professional association, as an academic partner.
"The Master’s in Finance offered by the Richard J. Wehle School of Business is a strong, interdisciplinary program provided by knowledgeable faculty. Its holistic approach affords students a personal educational experience, as well as ensures that its students will be well-positioned to pursue the FRM designation and to assume strategic roles within the global risk management profession."
-William May, Global Head of Certifications and Educational Programs - GARP
For questions about the program, please contact:
Jeff Oxman- Program Director
CFA Institute Research Challenge
Team Canisius were global champions at the CFA Institute Research Challenge in 2015 and recently won the regional CFA challenge for the 9th year in a row. Watch this video to learn more about this invaluable opportunity for our MS in Finance students.