Undergraduate Transfer Admissions

It’s not about where you start—it’s about where you finish. It's time to make the move to Canisius.

If you have previous college credits from a two-year college or another four-year institution, we welcome you to apply to Canisius. Any applicant who has enrolled in courses at another college or university after the completion of high school must apply as a transfer student.


Transfer Application Deadline: Rolling Admission

Complete the FAFSA: File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) - Canisius College's federal code is 002681.

New York State Residents Only: File the free Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) - Canisius College's code is 0090.


  • A completed application
  • Personal Statement (at least 250 words)
  • Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
  • Official high school transcripts*
  • Official SAT/ACT scores*

*Required only if you have fewer than 24 college credits or if you are applying to an Education Major (students who graduated from high school prior to 2020).

  • Additional Admissions Requirements
  • Previously Attended Canisius?


Questions? Connect with your Counselor

Jeannette Delaney - Transfer & Re-admit Students
Sr. Assistant Director of Undergraduate Admissions
716-888-2214 | delane11@canisius.edu

Upcoming Travel


Visit Our Campus

During the transferring process we encourage you to visit Canisius and experience our vibrant urban campus community in person.

View Visit Options