Buffalo, NY – Eleven Canisius College students are recipients of a 2022-23 Western New York Prosperity Fellowship. Generously supported by the Prentice Family Foundation, Western New York Prosperity Fellowships assist undergraduate and graduate students who have an entrepreneurial drive and want to make a difference in Western New York. The fellowship program identifies the most promising talent in Western New York and immerses them in a robust educational and professional development program with the goal of developing economic leaders within the community.
In addition, the fellowship program combines financial assistance in the form of scholarships with paid, credit-bearing internships to assist fellows in acquiring both academic and practical experiences in their intended professions. Fellows intern in their chosen fields of interest, where they work alongside and are mentored by leaders in upper-level management. Lastly, the fellowship provides a yearlong series of events designed to enrich skill and network development.
The Canisius recipients of the 2022-23 Western New York Prosperity Fellowships are:
• Hayley Abrams ’24, management
• Daniel Bowen ’24, finance / psychology
• Adam De Arcos ’23, MS business analytics
• Antonio Deemer ’23, animal behavior, ecology and conservation
• Jay Henley ’23, accounting / accounting systems and analytics
• Myles Hervey ’22, MBA accounting
• Sameria Mbili ’23, international relations / political science
• Nyles Moore ’24, MS education
• Alex Sanker ’24, entrepreneurship
• Mariana Silva ’23, international business / marketing
• Britney Upshaw ’24, integrated marketing communications
The Prentice Family Foundation was established in 2007 by generous benefactors Bryant and Joan Prentice to serve as a philanthropic organization that leverages economic development through scholarship support to ultimately make a multi-generational impact on Western New York. Learn more about the program by visiting Western New York Prosperity Fellowship at Canisius.
One of 27 Jesuit universities in the nation, Canisius is the premier private university in Western New York. Canisius prepares leaders – intelligent, caring, faithful individuals – able to pursue and promote excellence in their professions, their communities and their service to humanity.