BUFFALO, NY – Six members of the Canisius College Class of 2019 have committed to a year of post-graduate service work. The students will dedicate the coming year to living simply, working for social justice and serving those who live on the margins of society, with organizations such as AmeriCorps, Jesuit Volunteer Corps and the St. Joseph Worker Program. The six Canisius alumni are:
- Sara Cichon ’19, AmeriCorps (Tampa, FL)
- Mallory Fahey ’19, AmeriCorps (Vicksburg, MS)
- Emily Gunther ’19, AmeriCorps (Buffalo, NY)
- Kira Gafkjen ’19, AmeriCorps (Vicksburg, MS)
- Kaylee Konzcal ’19, St. Joseph Worker Program (Queens, NY)
- Margaret Treichler ’19, Jesuit Volunteer Corps (Yakima, WA)
Canisius College is one of 28 Catholic Jesuit colleges in the nation and the premier private college in Western New York.