Canisius and Buffalo
Community. Opportunity. Innovation.
Buffalo is so much more to us than just a line on our mailing address. It’s our classroom, our playground, our studio and – most importantly – our hometown. New York’s second largest city boasts major-league sports and entertainment, a happening arts scene, world-famous foods, opportunities for outdoor adventure and more. There’s something for everyone in Buffalo – and then some.
Canisius 💛 Buffalo
We’re compassionate, smart, driven (and just a little bit quirky) – just like our city. It’s what makes us Buffalo’s liberal arts school, through-and-through.
In the Heart of Things
Our location in a historic Buffalo neighborhood means close proximity to the city and all that it has to offer.
Buffalonians’ generosity makes national headlines, and we’re proud to be part of this tight-knit community.
Get easy access to internships and employment networks that you can't find in the burbs.
Undergraduates in Buffalo
- Navigate to downtown Buffalo quickly and easily with free passes for the Buffalo Metro Rail. (Did we mention there’s two stations on campus?)
- Make a difference in the community. Canisius students give back at nearby urban gardens, business volunteer opportunities, in our own Hamlin Park neighborhood and more.
- Intern at some of the top companies in Buffalo. You've seen 43North and Pegula Sports and Entertainment (parent company for the Buffalo Bills, Sabres and more) in the news. We've got the connections to get you experience before you graduate.
Graduate Students in Buffalo
- Access some of the top jobs in Buffalo and beyond. We have alumni at companies including M&T Bank, Roswell Park, Citi, Rich Product and many more.
- Graduate from programs with major accreditations that carry weight around the country, including from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), The Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP), and more.
- Enjoy a professional lifestyle in discounted graduate housing in the heart of the city.