The Griff Center is here to help you throughout your professional career. Currently, the Griff Center offers Canisius Alumni free lifetime career services that include:
- Career coaching
- Resume and cover letter review
- Interview preparation
- Access to Handshake, our online career portal that provides job postings and event information
- Access to the active Canisius College Alumni group on LinkedIn
Schedule an Appointment
The Griff Center offers extended hours by appointment to assist alumni. Alumni are also welcome to schedule appointments during our regular office hours. Please call the Griff Center Career Development Suite at 716.888.2174 to schedule an appointment with one of our career coaches.
Academic Semester Hours
Monday - Friday | 8:30am-5pm
Monday - Thursday | 8:30am-4:30pm
Friday | 8:30am-1pm
Are you looking for your next opportunity? Use Handshake! This free portal connects you to thousands of organizations looking to hire Canisius Alumni for positions here in Western New York and nationwide. To create your account, visit: http://canisius.joinhandshake.com. Click on "Sign Up for An Account" under the Canisius logo, and then select "Student/Alumni" to fill in your information. You can use any valid email address to register. Once we receive your request, we will verify your Canisius credentials and grant you access to the system.
Once you receive the confirmation email, you'll be able to go in and fill out your Career Interests. By letting the system know what you are interested in, it will tailor the platform to match those interests. From there you will be able to use this system to:
- Connect to hundreds of job opportunities throughout the country
- View and download Griff Center resources, including document guides and links to online resources
- Sign up for Griff Fair, our annual career and internship fair held in the spring
- Register for workshops, information sessions, and networking opportunities
If you are looking to 'Hire a Griff' for an opportunity at your organization, you can follow the employer instuctions on Handshake here. We can also provide personalized assistance in developing a recruitment plan; please email @email.
Current practice in most school districts allow for teacher candidates to self-manage their reference or credential files. The Griff Center for Student Success no longer maintains a credential file service. Please contact the Griff Center at 716.888.2170 if you have any questions.
Out of State Career Support
In order to best serve the needs of our students and alumni, Canisius College participates in The Jesuit Career Center Consortium, a partnership among the 28 Jesuit colleges and universities across the United States. Canisius students and recent alumni (0-3 years) can receive career services for up to six months, and it is kindly requested that you only request reciprocity from one institution at a time.
Basic Services Offered
- Students and recent alumni from the 28 colleges and universities will have access to the job/internship listings from other Jesuit schools.
- Students and recent alumni will be able to attend all career fairs and other career events sponsored by the career centers at other Jesuit schools.
- Students and recent alumni will be able to attend job search and career workshops and seminars sponsored by the career services center at most other Jesuit schools.
Details and Instructions to Receive Reciprocity
- Canisius students and alumni must make the reciprocity request through the Griff Center. Contact @email to request reciprocity.
- Recent alumni are defined as 0-3 years out of school.
- The reciprocal agreement will be for a six (6) month period of time.
- Canisius students and alumni will only be allowed to request reciprocity from one institution at a time.
- There will be no cost to you for the three basic services listed above.
Other Common Services
Beyond the three basic services listed above, the following are additional career services that may be provided by many of the member institutions:
- Submission of a resume to the reciprocating school's database of active resumes
- Resume critique
- 15-30 minute counseling/job search/job search session
- Services for all alumni regardless of graduation date
NOTE: Many offices will continue to be more liberal with their services to reciprocity candidates by allowing them to make multiple counseling appointments, use services beyond six months, etc. There may be some modest fees charged by some of the Jesuit career centers for certain services listed above.