Sport Administration (Non-AACSB Accredited)
If sports is your passion, a Master’s in Sport Administration will prepare you for a career in the exciting and fast paced sport industry. Specialize in intercollegiate athletics, amateur or professional sports, sports marketing or event and facility management. Making connections is key, and the MSA program delivers with over 1100 alumni working in sport across the U.S. and abroad.
The program's flexible, hands-on curriculum emphasizes emerging sports industry trends, contemporary communications skills and cutting edge technologies used in sport administration. Coursework teamed with internships, travel abroad opportunities and industry events give you a broad education in business and leadership skills essential in the global sports industry.
The degree can be completed in as little as one year with opportunities to combine online and on campus classes. Participate in the college's Institute for Research in Sport (IRIS) to add even more muscle to your academic and professional credentials. Pursue independent research relevant to your interests in the sports industry with the ultimate goal of having your work published.
Where Our Alumni Work:
- Assistant Tournament Director of the CP Women's Open
- Events Manager for Penn State Football
- Director of Sales for the Chicago White Sox
- Vice President of Finance for the Tampa Bay Lightning
- Ticketing Client Group International Sales Director for the 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo
- Chief Operating Officer for Albirex Niigata FC Singapore, a Japanese Professional Soccer Club
- Assistant Director of Marketing and Fan Engagement for Virginia Tech Athletics
- Head Women's Lacrosse Coach for Canisius College
- Assistant Director of Athletic Communications for Syracuse University
- Sales and Service Leader for suites at New Era Field and Keybank Center
- Customer Service Coordinator for the Buffalo Bills
- Director of Community Relations for the Buffalo Sabres
- Scout for the St. Louis Cardinals
Recognized as one of the top sports programs in the world, the college's Master's in Sport Administration program provides internship opportunities through a large network of alumni and placements. The program also offers three start terms (spring, summer, fall) to fit your schedule.