The Office of Campus Ministry welcomes you to Canisius and is responsible for the spiritual life on Campus for all faith traditions. While Canisius is a school steeped in the Catholic and Jesuit tradition, we welcome and respect people from all spiritual perspectives.
Campus Ministry offers you the chance to explore the depths of the human perspective through the lens of both Ignatian and Catholic Spirituality as well as the lens of other religious perspectives. We do this through providing students, faculty and staff experiences that provide depth and breadth to what they have learned in the classroom.
Some highlights of the Campus Ministry Experience include:
- Travel Internationally to Experience injustice in war-torn El Salvador or share the experience of racial injustice with the Dalits in India.
- Take a weekend away to discover more about yourself and others on a Kairos Retreat.
- Serve in the City of Buffalo at one of our many Community Service sites.
- Attend Sunday Mass on campus at 11:30AM or 8:30PM.
- Care for the needs of children in an orphanage in Poland or Jamaica.
- Use the tools of Ignatian Discernment to guide you to a career or help make a weighty decision.
- Explore a another religious tradition in the City of Buffalo's Mosques, Synagogues or Churches or explore Catholicism in our "Explore Your Catholic Faith" program.
The richness of a spiritual adventure awaits you!
The "I THIRST" Lenten Photo Project is below!
Spring 2017 Mass Schedule
Ash Wednesday Masses and Services (3/1/2017)
12:05PM (Mass, no music)
2:00P - 4:00PM (Ashes distributed with prayer services at the top of the hour)
4:30PM (Non-Denominational Ash Wednesday Service with distribution of Ashes.
8:30PM (Mass, with music)
Sunday Mass Schedule
Service of the Word with Eucharist
No masses when classes are not in session.
Michael Hayes, Jr., Director of Campus Ministry
Sarah Signorino, Associate Director of Campus Ministry
J. Joseph Van Volkenburg, Senior Associate Campus Minister
Lu Firestone, Senior Associate Campus Minister
Paul Stage, Associate Campus Minister
Alice Zicari, Associate Campus Minister
Deacon Gary Andelora, Marriage Coordinator
Deacon Wil Johnson, Part-time Ministry of Service.