Campus Ministry is a vital part of life here at Canisius for students of any faith background. Students come together to participate in retreats, service trips around the country and around the world, and to learn about becoming “men and women for and with others.”
Faith, Service and the Campus Ministry at Canisius College
The Office of Campus Ministry welcomes you to Canisius and is responsible for the spiritual life on Campus for all faith traditions. While Canisius is a school steeped in the Catholic and Jesuit tradition, we welcome and respect people from all spiritual perspectives. Campus Ministry offers you the chance to explore the depths of the human perspective through the lens of both Ignatian and Catholic Spirituality as well as the lens of other religious perspectives. We do this through providing students, faculty and staff experiences that provide depth and breadth to what they have learned in the classroom.
Some ways to get involved in Campus Ministry include:
- Travel Internationally: Experience injustice in war-torn El Salvador or on the U.S./Mexico Border or care for the needs of children in an orphanage in Poland or Jamaica.
- Go on a retreat: Take a weekend away to discover more about yourself and others on a Kairos Retreat.
- Do Community Service: Serve in the City of Buffalo at one of our many Community Service sites.
- Come to Mass: Sunday Mass on campus is at 7:00PM. You can also become a lector, eucharistic minister, or sing in our music group "Exalt!"
- Discern Your Future: Use the tools of Ignatian Discernment to guide you to a career or help make a weighty decision.
The richness of a spiritual adventure awaits you!
Fall 2017 Mass Schedule
Sunday Mass Schedule (Please note the new time! There is no longer a morning mass on Sunday)
No masses when classes are not in session.
Sacrament of Reconciliation
By appointment only. Call (716) 888 2420.
Michael Hayes, Jr., Director of Campus Ministry
Sarah Signorino, Associate Director of Campus Ministry
Lu Firestone, Senior Associate Campus Minister
Deacon Gary Andelora, Marriage Coordinator
Deacon Wil Johnson, Part-time Ministry of Service.