Campus Ministry is a vital part of life here at Canisius for students of any faith background. Students come together to participate in retreats, pray together weekly in small groups or at religious services, travel on service-immersion trips domestcially and around the world, and to learn about becoming “men and women for and with others.”
Faith, Service and the Campus Ministry at Canisius College
Campus Ministry welcomes you to Canisius. We are responsible for the spiritual life on Campus for all faith traditions. While Canisius is a school steeped in the Catholic and Jesuit tradition, we welcome and respect people from all spiritual perspectives.
Campus Ministry offers you the chance to explore the depths of the human perspective through the lens of both Ignatian and Catholic Spirituality. We do this through providing students, faculty and staff experiences that provide depth and breadth to what they have learned in the classroom.
Some ways to get involved in Campus Ministry include:
- Go on a retreat: Take a weekend away to discover more about yourself and others on a Kairos or Manresa Retreat.
- Travel Internationally: Experience injustice in war-torn El Salvador or on the U.S./Mexico Border or care for the needs of children in an orphanage in Poland or Jamaica.
- Do Community Service: Serve in the City of Buffalo at one of our many Community Service sites.
- Come to Mass: Sunday Mass on campus is at 8:30pm. We also have Weekday Mass on M-F at 12:05pm in Loyola Hall Chapel.
- Attend a monthly "Question Box" session where we have open discussions on Questions of Faith.
- You can also become a lector, eucharistic minister, or sing in our music group.
- Discern Your Future: Use the tools of Ignatian Discernment to guide you to a career or help make a weighty decision.
The richness of a spiritual adventure awaits you!
2018-19 Mass Schedule - ALL ARE WELCOME!
Sunday Mass Schedule
8:30pm Christ the King Chapel
12:05pm Mon-Fri Loyola Hall Chapel
12:05 & 8:30pm Christ the King Chapel.
ASH WEDNESDAY SCHEDULE
12:05p and 8:30p Masses at Christ the King Chapel
Distribution of Ashes continue from 1p-5:30p in the Chapel.
THERE ARE NO Masses when classes are not in session.
Sacrament of Reconciliation
Regular schedule will be announced soon.
By Appointment : Call (716) 888 2420
Michael Hayes, Jr., Director of Campus Ministry
Deacon Gary Andelora, Marriage and Sacramental Preparation Coordinator
Kaitlyn Buehlmann, Campus Minister for Service-Immersion Experiences
Lauren Carlin, Graduate Assistant for Local Service