June 1st - 10th, 2020
Register by depositing before February 1st, 2020
Join Dr. Timothy Wadkins, Professor of Modern Christianity and Director of the Institute for Global Engagement at Canisius College on this exciting and informative Alumni and Life-Long Learner Seminar in Kenya. Visit historical sites and interact with the heart of African culture, traditional and modern, in this immersive seminar abroad. Email @email for more details or call the Center for International Eduation at 716.888.2400.
Participants will stay at Brackenhurst Eco Conference Center, in Limuru, Kenya. Brackenhurst is a gorgeous lodge nestled at 8,000ft among historical tea plantations.
Among other activities, this seminar will include:
- A visit to the Kariandusi Pre-historic archaeological site, discovered by Louis Leaky
- A tour of Kenya’s National Museum
- A 2-day safari in the Masai Mara during prime migration season
- A visit and conversation with the Maasai people
- A visit to a hospital in Kibera, the largest slum in the world
- A Conversation with the Director of East Africa’s World Health Organization
- A conversation with the CEO of Kenya’s largest Bank
- A day long “ecological safari” with the Greenbelt movement, founded by noble prize winner, Wangari Maatha
Optional Activities include:
- Birding around Limuru
- A hike up Mt. Kenya
- Golf at famed colonial era Windsor Golf resort
- Bike riding and hiking among the tea plantations of Limuru
$4,000 - includes flight with the group out of Toronto
$2,700 - purchase your own flight and meet the group in Kenya
+$250 for single occupancy room
Both Costs Include:
- Room and board at Brackenhurst.
- All program expenses.
- Transportation when in Kenya.
- International Health Insurance.
Reserve your spot today by sending the deposit amount of $1,850 and complete registration form to the following address:
The Center for International Education
2001 Main St.
Buffalo, NY 14094
Deposit before February 1st. Full amounts are due by February 15th.
For questions about registration, please contact, Nicolle Barsch at @email.
For questions about Kenya, or the Seminar Itinerary, please contact Dr. Timothy Wadkins at @email.