Griff Center Alumni Support
The Griff Center is here to help you throughout your professional career. Currently, the Griff Center offers Canisius Alumni free lifetime career services that include:
- Career coaching
- Resume and cover letter review
- Interview preparation
- Access to Handshake, our online career portal that provides job postings and event information
- Access to the active Canisius College Alumni group on LinkedIn
Schedule an Appointment
The Griff Center offers extended evening hours during the academic year Monday through Thursday to assist alumni. Please call the Griff Center at 716.888.2170 to schedule an appointment with one of our career coaches.
Academic Semester Hours
Monday - Thursday | 8am-7pm
Friday | 8am-5pm
Monday - Friday | 8:30am-4:30pm
Are you looking for your next opportunity? Use Handshake! This free portal connects you to thousands of organizations looking to hire Canisius Alumni for positions here in Western New York and nationwide. To create your account, visit: http://canisius.joinhandshake.com. Click on "Sign Up for An Account" under the Canisius logo, and then select "Student/Alumni" to fill in your information. You can use any valid email address to register. Once we receive your request, we will verify your Canisius credentials and grant you access to the system.
Once you receive the confirmation email, you'll be able to go in and fill out your Career Interests. By letting the system know what you are interested in, it will tailor the platform to match those interests. From there you will be able to use this system to:
- Connect to hundreds of job opportunities throughout the country
- View and download Griff Center resources, including document guides and links to online resources
- Sign up for Griff Fair, our annual career and internship fair held in the spring
- Register for workshops, information sessions, and networking opportunities
If you are looking to 'Hire a Griff' for an opportunity at your organization, you can follow the employer instuctions on Handshake here. We can also provide personalized assistance in developing a recruitment plan; please email firstname.lastname@example.org.