Today there are close to 3 million cybersecurity jobs around the globe just waiting to be filled. As computers and network devices continue to play a role in day-to-day operations for businesses, banks, hospitals, universities and government agencies, this number will only rise. There’s never been a better time to train as a cybersecurity professional and pursue a career in the one of the world’s fastest-growing sectors.
As Western New York’s only technology-based master’s-level cybersecurity program, our Master of Science in Cybersecurity degree program teaches the skills, knowledge and best practices to ensure the security and integrity of every type of computing and information system. Not only will you gain a complete understanding of 21st-century cybersecurity tools—you’ll learn how to build them. The computers in our state-of-the-art Cybersecurity Lab will give you hands-on practice to extend your knowledge of computer forensics, cyber intelligence, risk assessment, infiltration techniques, malware analysis, electronic crime, cyber operations and more. Working with our computer science faculty, you’ll also contribute to cutting-edge research to benefit a highly skilled profession that is perpetually evolving.
- Partnerships with CompTIA and EC-Council allows us to prepare students for industry-leading certifications such as Security+ and Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Fully equipped Cybersecurity Lab allows for immediate application of concepts and best practices
- A holistic pedagogical approach, guided by our Jesuit tradition, provides a solid grounding in technology ethics and cyber justice
- Technology-based curriculum opens up opportunities for programmers, engineers and software developers who are eager to advance their career
- Bridge courses for students who do not have a working knowledge of a high-level, general purpose programming language or a background in discrete mathematics
Extended Learning Opportunities
- Networking and information sharing through Infosec 716, a meetup group for Western New York information security practitioners
- Local business connections unlock premier internships in key industries, including healthcare and banking
|Start Terms||Summer 2021, Fall 2021, Spring 2022|
|Length||30-39 Credits, Full-time or Part-time|
Photo courtesy of Ecole polytechnique on Flickr using the Creative Commons.
Have a Quick Question? Use Our Live Chat:
- Courses adhere to ACM and NSA Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense guidelines
- Flexible schedule – enroll full-time or part-time
- Special bridge courses assist with STEM requirements
million cybersecurity jobs worldwide
10-year employment growth for information security analysts (2018-2028)